𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

AARON

Yesterday was a lot. The way she was looking at me was a lot. I thank my impulses and self control about stopping what was...happening, or about to happen.

We can't be together, in no shape or form can we look at each other like we did yesterday night. She's too good for me, too fucking good.

I don't want to give her a reason to leave yet. Finn likes her, he really does. And I do too.

I walk to the kitchen for breakfast. I decided to sleep a bit more today. Maybe I thought the less time I would be awake to see Madison, I would be in more control.

That's fucking wrong. I see her as I walk into the kitchen. How could I not? She sits talking with Finn, my son, in her pale silky night gown and her bear feet. Her hair falling to her back in messy blond strands that just scream 'fuck me'.

"Hey." I smile but stop when I see what they're both eating. "What's that?" I nod to the cereal bowls in the breakfast table.

"Cereals." Madison says simply.

"I know they're fucking cereals." I rub my eyes with the back of my hand. "Why are you eating that?" I grumble.

"What? Do you only eat gluten free?" She chuckles and Finn follows, when he doesn't even know what gluten free is. This kid just laughs at whatever Madison says.

"Whatever." I mutter and go to the pantry to grab-. "Why the fuck are there a hundred boxes of Oreos in my pantry?" I hear Madison and Finn's laughter and groan even louder.

"That's why you needed to go to the supermarket? To buy a bunch of junk?" I sigh when their laughter becomes louder.

"Aaron...You only give the poor kid toasts." Madison says trying to recover from her laughter. And there is the comment she wanted to say.

"I just thought he could try something different." She says softly. I nod, my face softening a bit. How the fuck does she do that?

I enter the pantry and grab some toasts before putting them in the toaster and grabbing the cheese spread. "I thought we could do something special today." I look at Madison with furrowed brows. "Since Finn's leaving tonight." She adds softly.

Fuck. He's leaving already? The last day is always the worst. I just know he's going to leave in the night and I'm not going to see him again in a month, and that breaks my heart. I would keep Finn with me if I could...But hes better with his mother.

"I don't have to be there if that bothers you. It's your son. Maybe you would like a more private--"

"Noo Mad." Finn interrupts her. "I want you to come." He whines, wrapping his arms around her neck.

She looks at me as if asking if that's okay and I nod. "You were the one with the idea." I shrug.

~~~~~~

Never in a million years would I thought she had this in mind. She sure as hell was sure, since she said it right away when I asked what we were going to do. Lora prepared us some food-basically some chicken tenders, sliced vegetables, cheese and olives-but Madison insisted on bringing ice-cream. Not sure who eats ice-cream on a boat but she isn't like everyone else.