𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

AARON

I stood from my seat on the sofa, walking to the entrance, my skin pricking with goosebumps once I saw who stood at the threshold. My throat ran dry and my hands grew clammy.

She was here. She.

"Eleanor. What are you doing here?" I tried to sound defiant, mad, even though I felt the exact different.

She tossed her long brown her to the side, her brown eyes looking me up and down as she always you to do. "I came to drop Finn. What's wrong with that?"

"You never bring him, El." The nickname left my lips even before I could stop it.

El. El was here.

"It's your birthday, Aaron." Her lips tugged in a smile, whether genuine or not, I didn't know. "Happy birthday." Her dimples protruded from her rosy cheeks, her perfect white teeth showing.

"Thanks, you can leave now," were my only words,

"Mad!" I heard Finn yell from behind.

"So the famous Mad is here," Eleanor clicked her tongue, a habit she used to have when she was mad. "Finn told me a few things about a woman that lived with you. That you loved each other. You have moved on already? Does she know about your little stuff? Did you do the same things you did to me? Is she as fucked up as you a-"

"Stop!" I said rather loudly. "Please stop, El. I don't think is a good idea for you to be here. It's been three years, we aren't together anymore. I'm different. I have accept-"

"Accept?" She laughed grabbing her stomach. "You are a horrible human being, there's nothing to accept. I hope she leaves you once she finds up how fucked up you actually are."

She turned around and left, a shirt sigh leaving my lips. My hands shook slightly, my mind reaper in scenes from the last I didn't want to remember again.

You're fucked up. There's something wrong with you. I hate you. You need help.

What if her words were true. What if they actually were?

❥❥❥

MADISON

Aaron was distant. Far more distant than ever. He sat at the edge of the sofa, looking at his phone as he typed. His eyes didn't once leave his phone. Some of his friends had arrived, at least that's what they told me, k hadn't talked to Aaron yet. But I was planning to.

I grabbed my coat as I walked outside, the air far more colder than previous nights. I looked up at the sky, the gleaming stars lighting the rather dark beauty. The moon the center piece, making a dull and obscure scene look shining and beauteous.

"Hey." I turned around, seeing Ava close the glass doors and walking to stand next to me. "Everything good?"

"Yeah, just needed some air," I smiled. We stood there looking at the sky for a few minutes, Ava grabbing a cigarette from her pocket and lighting it up. She offered me one which I took, lighting the stick and placing it on my lips. I rarely smoked but I had as a teen, and I felt like I needed one now.

"I wanna talk about my brother." Ava interrupted the silence. "I see what you two have, I see the way you look at each other," she confessed looking straight at me.

"Oh," I said bewildered.

"Plus Ross told me," she shrugged.

"Son of a bitch," I muttered under my breath, making Ava let out a sweet laugh.

"I feel like you need to know he is not easy. He has had his fair misfortunate relationships, but none like Finn's mother."

"What happened between the two?" I asked with honest curiosity and care, for it had been a question that had been present in my mind ever since I found out about Finn.