Chapter 46

Locke's POV

Velminia.

That's where they are.

But I don't have a fucking clue how to get there.

The place was rumored to be destroyed centuries ago, but since then it has apparently been rebuilt. No one alive has ever been to the location, and previously it was veiled by magic, so getting there is a mystery. It's as if it's on a whole other planet at this point and it can't be more infuriating.

"You're positive?" I ask Beckett again.

How he got the location of Laurel and Varik is beyond me, but I know he's telling the truth. Somehow, my boy made his way into Beckett's cold heart and I'm pretty sure he'd do almost anything to have the kid safe again. Much like me.

"Yes." He frowns.

I run my fingers through my unruly hair. I'm in desperate need of a hair cut, a shave, hell, even a damn shower. And when's the last time I ate? No clue.

What I need most right now is them.

"I think I know someone who can help us." I blow out a long breath.

He raises his eyebrow and I can tell what he's thinking.

Yeah, right.

Beckett has lived and breathed in the magic community, meaning he knows a way to get almost anything. May not be legal, hence the only reason I know my family is still alive, but he knows a guy. Or girl.

"How do you think I was able to find her the first time?" I say.

It's taken almost 48 hours to determine where the Anrachy took my mate and child, and I'm not trying to wait any longer to figure out another alternative of how to get back to them. It's already a two day trip to go back up the mountain and search for Hera. And that's if we hustle.

Beckett's brows pull together as thinks, as though he never stopped to consider how I ever turned up in their world to find them.

"It's a two day trip to get to her though so we need to leave now."

"Her?" He questions.

"Hera. That's her name."

"How did you find her?" He asks.

"I'll explain on the way. Just hurry and pack a bag."

——

The weather is harsher this time as we continue to put one foot in front of the other and hike up the snowy mountain. A blizzard must have came through over the last week and the cold wind continuously cuts through every layer of clothing I have on. My thighs burn from fatigue and lack of proper nutrition over the last few days but I push forward. Death will be the only thing that's going to stop me now.

I glance over at Beckett, whose expression betrays exactly how I feel. Tired, cold, pissed off.

If you would have told me a year ago that we would willingly go on some nature walk together, I would have laughed in your face. Okay, nature walk is a bit of a stretch, but you get what I'm saying. Beckett couldn't stand me, and quite honestly, I still don't think I'm on his list of top 5 favorite people. Probably not even top 10 or top 20. But Varik and Laurel are and if I learned one thing over the last year about Beckett, it's that he's a loyal guy through and through. Which makes me feel a little shitty about the some of the past.

"Hey Beckett?" I call out to him.

He grunts in response.

"I'm sorry."