Chapter 22

Locke's POV

I practically slam the door to my office as I walk in and Dex raises an eyebrow at me.

"What's wrong with you?"

"You Dex. You're what's wrong with me." I glare.

"Seems like someone is sexually frustrated." He says with a smirk.

Why did I make him my commander?

"So what did you find?" I ask.

He just grins at me.

"You are, aren't you? I can tell by your overly possessive attitude."

I narrow my eyes, not believing we're having this conversation.

"Focus Dex." I snap.

"God you're such a grumpy bastard, definitely sexually frustrated. You guys haven't done it yet? You know that's the final step for imprinting?"

I was trying to ignore him before but he's caught my attention now.

"What do you mean?"

"You literally know nothing." He rolls his eyes. "You won't fully imprint until you guys fornicate."

"What?"

I stare at him like he bullshitting me, and knowing Dex he might. As much as I want her, I'm not trying to rush things, especially since we haven't known each other all that long.

"You know? Bang? Screw? Bone? Fuck?"

"I know what fornicate means Dex." I snap at him.

"Geez calm down buddy, just making sure." He smirks. "But it does explain a lot. You're starting to imprint with Laurel. Your soul has already claimed her as your other half, but you haven't physically yet, which is why you probably have urges to kill every man who looks at her. It'll keep getting worse until you do." He gives me a knowing look.

He's right. I do want to kill everyone who looks at her. To tell you the truth I never thought I'd actually find the one. Sure, I have thought about it countless times before, but I never actually believed it would happened to me. That I could find the one my soul clinged to and found a home with.

"How do you know?" I say skeptically.

"I mean, you could take a blood test if you really want to know, but I don't see a point in it. The way you guys have bonded in such little time, your ability to gain better control of you gift, and possessiveness are pretty much dead give aways."

I ponder for a minute on if that's something I really want to do. There's no doubt I've fallen for this girl already, but I don't think it would be possible to leave, even if I found out she's not someone I've imprinted with.

"But that's not why I called you." He continues, interrupting my thoughts.

"We've been having folks come up ill in the last week, complaining of lack of energy, chills, memory loss, things like that. Well the doctors haven't been able to figure out what's been going on, so people have started going to Beckett."

I try not to show my concern as he mentions the name. Beckett is a powerful Faerie and he's studied dark magic more than probably anyone in the kingdom. I've kept my eye on him over the years, knowing he's been doing some unorthodox studies and I've had suspicions for awhile about him working with witches.

"He found traces of dark magic on them and not the kind we use here."

My eyes widen but he continues on.