Chapter 18

Locke's POV

Leaving the kingdom for so long put me behind greatly on work, which in turn, is forcing me to play catch up. I've been awake for a while now, but I didn't want to leave her side, hence why I'm sitting in bed with my laptop. She's no doubt drained because of the last few days so I'm happy she's still asleep.

I look over at her laying peacefully on the bed, wondering how long this calmness will last. Part of me feels guilty for going behind her back and calling her brother this morning, but I felt as though I was out of options.

My phone vibrates next to me with a message from Dex, letting me know Kline just pulled in. The subtle noise must have woken her because she begins to stir as I set my phone back down.

"Hey" she says sleepily as she looks up at me.

"Good morning." I kiss her head.

She sits up and looks around briefly, trying to wake up, and her eyes widen as she glances at the clock.

"It's 9 am?! Locke, why would you let me sleep in so long?"

"You needed to sleep." I say casually.

That and I don't want you leaving.

"What?" She gawks. "How long have you even been up?"

"Mmm, about 5 hours." I glance at my watch and back at my computer screen.

"5- you've got to be kidding me."

She gets up and start rummaging through her things as I look at my phone with another text from Dex.

You better come down.

A loud voice carries from outside, up to the room, and Laurel immediately freezes. Her head slowly raises to me before her eyes narrow.

"You wouldn't."

"The only thing you mentioned was not wanting to call your father." I say defensively.

Let's face it, I probably am an asshole for doing this, but she can be mad at me all she wants if it keeps her alive. Plus, even if I don't like Kline, there's still one thing we have in common. We'd do anything to protect Laurel.

"For the love of. Locke! He's going to get killed here!" She hisses.

"You know I wouldn't let that happen."

She changes real quick and we both head down stairs towards the front door that's in the process of being broken down.

I pull it open and am met with a very pissed off looking male.

"Kline." I nod to him and he pushes past me to his sister.

He wraps her in a bear hug, and this time I don't get the urge to kill him.

They talk for a moment and I notice another male standing off to the side, as well as the way he looks at Laurel.

"Who the fuck are you?" I say a bit harshly.

Most would be intimidated, but he shows no signs in the slightest. Instead he cocks an eyebrow at my question.

"Frazier?" Laurel is just now noticing him too.

"Hey beautiful." He pulls her into a hug and plants a kiss on her cheek.

This is NOT happening.

Before I can do anything, he gets pulled back and roughly held by his shirt.

"What did I tell you?" Kline growls in his face. "Do you want to die? Because this is how you fucking die."

Remember when I said I didn't like Kline? Well, it was a bad lapse in judgment. He's a hell of a guy.