Chapter 10

Locke's POV

I thought a trip to the lake would help me to sleep tonight, but I'm wide awake more than ever.

I had fully expected her to have a look of horror or fear when I resurfaced earlier, but all I could see was relief in her eyes that I had finally come up for air. She's been stirring emotions in me I haven't felt before and I find myself wanting to get closer to her.

When she mentioned she might already have someone it instantly put me in a foul mood. Why? I'm not sure. It's not like she's mine and quite honestly I barely know her. But I want to spend more time with her.

It also confused the hell out of me when she questioned imprinting. Almost all supernatural beings imprint, except for the wolves, so I figured she'd know the answer. I can sense that she's not a regular human, but I also don't get the scent of wolf on her. My guess is she's part elf, but I've still yet to figure that out or why she's even in the ECHO pack.

Elves are known for being great healers so it made sense when she brought up needing something for research. I don't doubt that Zander would have some of the best healers in his pack and probably relies on others here as well.

Dragons are know for their metallurgy, however, I'm sure they aren't fabricating swords anymore since we are past that era. They've started to lean towards machining and becoming gun smiths. Witches are experts at potions but also tend to be great chefs. Vampires are incredibly smart and have a high capacity to retain book knowledge. Most speak multiple languages and often get involved in politics.

I had offered to take her wherever it is she needed to go and I still plan to do so. There's no doubt I'm playing with fire, but it burns so good. The electricity I feel when I'm around her, the way my heart speeds up and the air pulsates around me is a thrill I want over and over again.

I make a mental note to bring it up again the next time we're together, which should be soon. I offered to take her wherever it is she wants to go on my way back home and I'm planning to leave soon, probably tomorrow. I've stayed away long enough and it's time for me to get back to my kingdom.

Hours later light finally spills past the curtains and I decide to get out of bed. I hadn't slept a minute and I'm sure the lack of sleep will hit me later.

Not bothering to knock, I open the door to Dex's room to see him passed out on the bed. A smirk tugs at my lips as I stare at him in his most vulnerable state.

Pay back is a bitch buddy.

Searching through his bags I find exactly what I'm looking for.

A sharpie.

Carefully approaching the bed, I do one of the most immature things I've done in my entire life. But for Dex, it seems only justified. I draw a giant dick on the side of his face with the tip just near the edge of his mouth. Once I'm done I put the marker back and then roughly jerk him out of bed.

"Get up!" I say loudly and throw some clothes at him.

"Hurry up and get dressed, we're late."

I watch him fall out of bed and quickly pull the clothes on, still disoriented from the sudden awakening.

"What's up your ass this morning?" He grumbles.