Chapter 8

Locke's POV

I've been stuck with Dex for almost two whole days now and I'm starting to reconsider this trip. Most days have been spent talking to some of the pack members to learn more about the werewolves, training with some of the warriors, and exploring the land a bit. I keep hoping I'll get the same feeling as I did before, and possibly find the source, but so far it's a no.

We're on the training field with a bunch of the warriors when I sense it. It's a slight ripple in the air that seems to awaken my body. It's dull, but it's there.

"What?" Dex says, noticing a change.

"It's here."

"You feel it?"He looks around, noticing nothing different.

I agree with him, there's nothing out of the ordinary that explain what I feel, but it continues to grow stronger by the minute.

"Dex, we can't be here." I say to him and he gives me a knowing nod.

"Everything okay?" Zander asks as he approaches.

"All good, boss. Locke here is just being a moody bitch and needs to let off some stream. Know of a good place nearby?" Dex says and I swear if he was anyone else he'd be dead.

The urge to wrap my hands around is neck and strangle him is at an all time high, but I'm afraid I actually might kill him if I laid a hand on him right now.

Zander gives me a strange look before sniffing the air and cursing under his breath. I think I hear the word 'rogue' as well, but I'm not positive.

"See that trail right there?" He points to a opening in the woods and I nod. "Follow that for 2 miles until you get to an intersection. Go right and it will lead you to a small lake."

I thank him before Dex and I jog off towards the tree line. Sure enough, his directions were spot on and we reach the lake in less than 20 mins. As soon as we get there I spin around and face Dex.

"Could you be-" I begin before I'm cut off.

He grabs me by the shirt and shoves me hard, causing me to fall back into the water. The chill practically takes my breath away and I find it to push me over the edge.

I can hear and feel the cool rush of water go by and I swim around for a bit trying to get a grip on which way is up. After several seconds, I finally surface to see shock written across his face. For once in his life he is speechless and I wish I knew how to get him to be like that more often.

"Dammit Dex!" I yell, my fists coming down to make a splash in the water.

I hear a whooshing and turn around to see a massive wall of water at least three stories high. It comes crashing back down into the lake and I'm sucked under the surface by the force.

I resurfaced once again to see Dex looking at me, head cocked to the side.

"Better?"

"No not better, you bastard. This is your fault!" I shout at him.

The worst part is the fact that he looks pleased with himself right now. As if he takes pride in knowing he is the cause of his.

"You're literally the worst friend I've ever had." I grumble out as I swim over to the bank.

"Seeing as I'm you're only friend, that also makes me the best friend you've ever had."

I ignore him as I peel my shirt off and ring it out as much as I can. If I knew he was going to do this I would have at least stripped down to my boxers so I can have some dry clothes to wear back.