Chapter 7

Laurel's POV

"It had to be something out there! I bet it was that trap I stepped in! We have to go back." I say, trying to get my brother to go back to the place we had camped at for the last few days.

After talking for most of the morning, we've definitely concluded that the scent of my wolf is hidden. It all started less than 24 hours ago so it had to be either something I ate or came into contact with when we were out in the woods. Stepping in that trap is really the only thing that stands out in my mind and my curiosity won't let it go. It also doesn't help that the scientist in me is desperate to figure out what could of caused this to happen, especially since I've been experimenting with this exact thing over the last few weeks.

"Absolutely not." Kline says to me.

I keep trying to convince him to take me back so we can get samples of the area or maybe find that trap agin, but he won't even consider it.

"Kline, please." I'm practically begging at this point.

"No." He says sternly as he walks out the door and down the hallway.

His long legs cover much more ground than I do and I have to almost jog to keep up with him.

"Kline!" I hiss, grabbing his arm and he spins around to glare at me.

"I said no L!" He practically yells back before snatching his arm away and walking back down the hall.

"Fucker." I grumble out as he turns out of sight.

I understand that what I'm asking probably isn't high on his list of things he wants to do again, but I hardly ever ask him for anything.

A snicker is heard from behind me and I spin around to see the door to one of the sitting rooms wide open while two men hold cups of coffee.

"Oh no!" I say as my hands fly to cover my mouth. "I'm so sorry."

It's then I noticed that these are just any men. The one happens to be my mate.

My eyes widen as I realize this is the first encounter we've had with each other and that was the first word he heard out of my mouth.

Sure I've seen him from a distance and had known he was my mate, but nothing compares to being this close. The man is damn drool worthy and I can't believe he had just witnessed that.

A smile tugs at the corned of his lips and I can tell he's trying to hold it back. The man next to him, however, does nothing whatever so ever to hide his amusement. His face has started to turn red with laughter as mine has begun to turn red from embarrassment.

"You sure know how to make a first impression." Zara says to me and I immediately apologize to her.

Can't this day get any better?

I take in the more relaxed attire my mate has on and decide I like this look on him. His dark jeans sit low on his waist as the red button down shirt he has on outlines his chest. The sleeves are rolled up slightly, revealing part of a tattoo on his left forearm along with a silver watch. My heart races as I meet his purple eyes and I realize I've been staring at him for goddess knows how long.

His grin turns into a full blown smile as he notices it too and if I could go crawl in a hole somewhere and hide right now I would.

"Coffee?" He says as he raises his cup up towards me.

"Umm-" I look towards his friend who is wearing a knowing expression on his face and I can tell he's enjoying every minute of this.

"Laurel!" I hear Kline yell and I turn to see him standing at the end of the hallway with his hands on his hips.