Chapter 14

Locke's POV

My heart stopped.

Me?? I've never heard of a wolf mating with someone other than another wolf before, but my thoughts didn't have much time to think past that.

"Well. I didn't see that coming."

I turn to the doorway to see none other than the royal pain in the ass himself.

"Why do you always have the worst possible timing?" I say to Dex as I step back from her.

"I'm not sure." He says, propped up against the door frame. "I really feel like I had pretty good timing on that one."

"Get out." I shoot him a glare and he puts his hands up.

"Okay. Okay."

Before he leaves he gives me a look saying 'I want details later' and I have to fight the urge to kill him.

Once he's gone I decide it's best if I shut and lock the door.

The sound of the lock sliding into place pierces through the silence and I swear the I can feel the temperature in the room change.

When I turn back around she's looking straight at me. Not scared, or expectant, just... patiently watching. As if she knows there's a million thoughts running through my head and I need time to sort them out.

I stare at her for awhile, trying to wrap my mind around the situation. I want her, God I want her, but I also don't want this to be a trap. Never before has a wolf mated with one of the Fae so you can imagine why I'm on guard.

I'm also trying to figure out how I missed the signs that she's a wolf?? On top of that, the Alpha King's daughter. Shouldn't she be mated to another alpha? It doesn't make sense.

"I know you feel it too." She says, breaking my thoughts.

She's suddenly right in front of me, grabbing my hand. Shock waves go through arm, charging my body and electrifying the air. This feeling used to scare me. The feeling of chaos and lack of control. But now, even with the gaining intensity, it feels welcomed. It's like she's building something dangerous up inside me but it's still waiting for her command.

I nod and squeeze her hand softly.

"But how?" I say.

"I'm not sure..." she slowly inches her way towards me, as if out of instinct. "I just know it's you."

"But, I can't smell you wolf?" I try to take a step back, or at least I think I do, but instead I get closer.

"There's a lot I need to tell you." She says with a sigh.

I nod and we both walk over and sit on the bed before she begins to speak. And then she tells me everything.

She talks about getting caught in the trap and how she lost the scent of her wolf. She tells me about the rogue attacks and the symbols she saw in the tree. She tells every last detail as I sit there and listen to her.

I don't say anything for a few moments, trying to take it all in. There's no doubt in my mind she's telling the truth, I can tell by the way she speaks, but that's what scares me. Part of me wished she was lying to me, because now that I know everything, I also know we're all in deep shit.

We have always had history with the wolves and with it came lots and lots of bloodshed. All out wars have happened and ten of thousands of lives have been lost between the two races. And though we thought we knew what true chaos was, it's nothing compared to what is coming.

Everything seems to be happening all at once and once again I feel as though I'm not in control.

Her hand reaches out and gently grasps mine and I look up to take her in once more. Her hair dark brown is pulled back off her face, and her deep blue, green eyes seem to swirl. She's hands down the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I start to wonder what her wolf looks like. Never in my life did I ever imagine these thoughts would be running through my head, but she stirs things inside me I didn't know were there.