Chapter 11

Laurel's POV

I begin to organize my pack with things I'll need for the trip. It should be no more than 3 days but I plan for more. Just in case.

I begin to roll up a map of the area we're traveling to when Kline walks into the click. He pauses briefly, trying to take in what I'm doing with a confused expression.

"Um, Laurel?" He strides over to me. "What are you doing?"

"Going on a trip."

"Where? With who?"

I look up at him and we stare at each other for god only knows how long. His eyes widen in realization and he grabs my pack.

"Absolutely not!" He yells.

"Kline, please!"

"No. You barely know him Laurel! What are you thinking? It's not worth it."

"It is!" I try to grab my pack back, but he's much stronger than me.

"Or really? Please explain how."

Well for one, I need to figure out what is in my system suppressing the scent of me wolf. For two, these a lot more wolfsbane I'd like to collect. And for three, dear brother, that stranger you so call him happens to be my mate.

"Kline. Please."

"Exactly! You have no argument." He begins to storm away with all my stuff.

"He's my mate..." I say, barely a whisper.

He freezes.

Time seems to drag by but he doesn't move a muscle and neither do I.

Slowly, after a while, he begins to turn around and face me.

"What... did... you... say..." his voice is calm, but his eyes are anything but.

Anger? Hurt? A combination?

I don't blame him. He's my best friend and it's obvious I've known for a least a few days now. Wolves know the instant they see their other half that they're mates and he's seen me talking to mine already.

"I really need that trap Kline. I need to figure out what is being used to hide my scent!"

"Screw the trap!" He throws my bag across the room. "Mate?! When were you going to tell me?!"

I bite my lip, trying to think of something quick but I can't.

"Who else knows." He narrows his eyes.

"Um... dad?" I say quietly.

He throws his hands in the air and begins to pace around the room.

"I can't even believe this right now." He starts to talk to himself.

After awhile he turns to look at me again.

"Does he know?"

I shake my head slowly.

"No I don't think so."

He stares down at the ground, deep in thought and I don't dare interrupt him. It's obvious he's taking it all in and to tell you the truth so am I.

Not only did we assume Kline would find his mate long before I did, but never in a million years did I think I'd mate with some who wasn't a wolf. Especially not the Fae King himself.

"So dad knows you're going with him?" He asks suddenly, not bothering to look up.

"Um... no..."