Chapter L

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

The journey to Tanzaku Town took some time as it was a fair distance from Konohagakure. Minerva decided to pass the time by telling a bunch of myths she had read about.

The ones that got (Y/N)'s attention the most were the ones about the Rabbit Goddess and the Sage of Six Paths.

(Y/N): Didn't you say that some versions of the stories say that the Rabbit Goddess and the Sage of Six Paths were all one myth?

Minerva: Yes. There are many retellings of the story where it says that the Rabbit Goddess is the mother of the Sage of Six Paths. Now we don't know for sure which one is the real one. What do you think?

(Y/N): Hmm... I think I like the story better if the Sage of Six Paths was the son of the Rabbit Goddess.

Minerva smiled.

Minerva: So do I.

(Y/N): Hey, do you think that they are actually real and not just myths?

Minerva: Hm... Well, I don't know. Chakra obviously had to come from somewhere. I like to think that the Rabbit Goddess actually existed. But that may just be wishful thinking.

The two continued along the path for a while before (Y/N) spoke.

(Y/N): So that means that the Rinnegan exists if the Rabbit Goddess does?

Minerva: Most likely. Although, some people believe that the Rinnegan doesn't exist at all. Others say that it does indeed exist and that it is a mutation or something like that. Either way, no one has ever seen a Rinnegan before. The only one who ever had it was the Sage of Six Paths.

(Y/N): Really? Only him?

Minerva: Well... This is just between you and me, but there have been rumors that Jiraiya actually trained a boy who had the Rinnegan.

(Y/N): <amazed> He did?

Minerva: They're just rumors. But good luck getting Jiraiya to say anything. It's still a touchy subject for him.

(Y/N): It is?

Minerva: Yeah. He really did train a couple of kids. Whether one actually had the Rinnegan is unknown, but he did train some. They all died however. Now he doesn't talk about it.

(Y/N): Oh.

Eventually, the two finally arrived in Tanzaku Town.

Minerva: All right, we're finally here. Jiraiya and Naruto should be around here somewhere.

(Y/N): <looking around> Hey, isn't there supposed to be a castle here or something?

Minerva: Yeah, there should be. But I don't see it anywhere. Let's go check where it out.

The two made their way to where Tanzaku Castle should have been. When they reached it, all they saw was rubble everywhere.

Minerva: Holy crap! The entire castle's been destroyed!

(Y/N): What happened here?

They then heard a familiar voice.

Naruto: Huh? (Y/N), is that you?

They looked and saw Jiraiya and Naruto standing next to the rubble.

(Y/N): What's up, Naruto? Yeah, it's me.