Chapter IX

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Deep in the forest of the Land of Waves, Kakashi was on crutches, talking to Squad 7.

Kakashi: All right. Training starts now.

Naruto: Right.

Kakashi: First, we will begin with a review of chakra, the ninja's basic source of power. Understanding chakra is essential.

Sasuke: We know that.

(Y/N): <sighs> Yeah, why do we need to review something we already know? It just takes up more time.

Naruto: I know! A long time ago, we learned about— Uh, cattra.

Kakashi: Chakra.

Naruto sweatdropped.

(Y/N): <to Naruto> Idiot.

Kakashi: <motions to Sakura> Go ahead, Sakura.

Sakura: All right, Naruto. I'll explain it simply, so you can understand it.

She began to explain what chakra was to Naruto, boring (Y/N) to death. He had to mess with his headband that was around his waist to keep himself from being bored. When she finished, he sighed in relief.

(Y/N): Thank god that's over.

Kakashi: <to Sakura> Right on all points. Iruka-sensei really did have some excellent students.

Sakura: <proudly> Ha.

Naruto: What's the big deal with all these complicated explanations? The whole point is to learn the jutsu, isn't it?

Sasuke: Naruto's right for once. We're already using chakra energy in our jutsu.

Kakashi: No. You have not mastered this power. You've barely scratched the surface of it.

Naruto: <yelling> What do you mean?

(Y/N): Stop shouting, dammit.

Kakashi: Calm down and listen. It's just like Sakura said. You have to draw on physical and spiritual energies and then combine them within yourself. But... how do you do that?

He began to explain another really boring topic that (Y/N) didn't pay attention to. He yawned.

Kakashi: <finishing up> Then you're out of chakra, and you can't fight at all. You're just a target.

Naruto: Uh... So how do we change that, heh?

Kakashi: Train so hard that controlling your chakra becomes second nature. To achieve this goal, you must be ready to put your life on the line.

Sakura: What do we have to do?

Kakashi: Heh-heh-heh. Climb a tree.

(Y/N)/Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura: <shocked; in unison> Climb a tree?

Kakashi: That's right. But... there's just one rule. No hands.

Sakura: <surprised> What? You're kidding.

(Y/N): How is that possible? You must have got to be joking.

Kakashi: Am I? Let's see.

He put his hands together and a breeze blew around his feet. He then put his foot on a tree and began to walk up the tree.

The Genin all gasped.