Chapter LXVI

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

In the Konoha hospital, Sasuke sat in the hospital bed, being really emo, while Sakura put flowers on the table next to the bed.

Sakura: But thank goodness your injury wasn't serious. Naruto and (Y/N) were relieved too.

Sasuke had flashbacks to the Land of Tea mission where he clashed with the rogue Jonin, Aoi.

Aoi: <flashback> The rumors were true... That the survivor of the village's honorable Uchiha Clan was the most good-for-nothing kid...

He then remembered getting electrocuted by Aoi's Blade of the Thunder Spirit which put him in the hospital in the first place.

Sakura: Sasuke, you must be hungry. Is there something you want to eat? I'll go buy something for you.

Sasuke ignored her and stared off into nothingness, lost in deep thought.

Meanwhile

Tsunade sat at her desk with Shizune and Tonton to her right, and Genma, Anko, and Ibiki to her left. She was talking to someone.

Tsunade: To be honest, I really don't understand. It seems there were opinions that with the final exam being suspended no one should pass this time around. But I hear the late Third Hokage highly praised your match. It seems he intended to recommend you for Chunin. The lords of other lands who observed the fight and the proctors were of the same opinion as well. In that case it's not in my place to say this or that about it. From now on strive to perform in a manner that is worthy of that headband. Congratulations! As of today you're a Chunin!

Shikamaru blushed from embarrassment and looked away from her.

Shikamaru: This is such a drag...

(Y/N) cheered and pulled Shikamaru into a side hug.

(Y/N): Yeah!! I knew you could do it, Shikamaru! Congratulations!!

Shikamaru rolled his eyes.

Shikamaru: Whatever...

(Y/N): Aww, don't be like that. We should celebrate!

Shikamaru: Why are you even here, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): I don't know. Some random ninja told me to come to Lady Tsunade's office, so here I am.

Tsunade: Ah, yes. I was saving the best for last. <clears throat> As with Shikamaru, you were highly praised by the Third Hokage as well. Many of the other lords were impressed by you especially after you saved that little girl in trouble. Of course, something like that shouldn't have happened anyway, but what are you gonna do? What I'm getting at here is because you displayed excellent Shinobi qualities when protecting the life of that young girl, as well as end a potential threat to the Leaf Village, the Third Hokage, the visiting lords, and the proctors all recommended that you become a Jonin. Congratulations, (Y/N)!

(Y/N) stared at Tsunade for a while. He said nothing.

Shikamaru: <shocked> No way... Is this for real?

Tsunade: Obviously. Who would joke about something like this? He also defeated one of Orochimaru's most powerful minions when he was searching for me. That may or may not have contributed to this decision. <smirks>

Shikamaru: That's amazing, (Y/N). Hey, are you okay?

(Y/N) stayed silent and still. The room became very awkward.