Chapter XVI

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Sakura, Sasuke, and (Y/N) were waiting on a bridge for Naruto and Kakashi to show up. They were about to go on a job. But Naruto and Kakashi were taking their sweet time.

(Y/N): <annoyed> Ugh. Where the hell are they?

The male ran his hands slowly through his newly dyed (H/C) hair.

Suddenly, Naruto ran up to the three.

Naruto: Hey, good morning, Sakura, (Y/N). What's up?

(Y/N) glared at Naruto, who was too busy staring at Sasuke.

Naruto and Sasuke stared at each other before looking away from each other.

Naruto/Sasuke: <in unison; annoyed> Hmph.

(Y/N) and Sakura rolled their eyes.

Sakura: Good grief. Not again. They've been like this ever since we got back from the Land of Waves.

(Y/N): <sighs> It's like being stuck with a couple of children.

Sakura: Where is Kakashi-sensei!? He's sure taking his time.

(Y/N): He always shows up late. I'll kill him.

After waiting for about a half hour, Kakashi finally showed up and waved at the group.

Kakashi: Hey, guys. Good morning. Sorry, I'm late. Afraid I got lost on the path of life.

(Y/N)/Naruto/Sakura: <angry> GAAH!!!!

(Y/N): So now you decide to show yourself you masked bastard! I'm going to make you pay for making us wait! >:/

Kakashi: Calm down. Calm down. So, are you ready for the mission?

Naruto: <excitedly> I'm ready for the next ninja mission, sensei. And, hey, come on. No more of this dumb beginner stuff, okay? I want a chance to prove myself. I'm talking a real mission, where I could show what I'm made of. I gotta break out and burn up! See?

Kakashi: Uh, right. I get it. That's great, Naruto. Now, take it easy, would you?

Naruto then turned around and glared at Sasuke, who just stared at Naruto, confused.

A tick mark appeared on Sakura and (Y/N)'s foreheads.

Sakura: He's such a twerp! 💢

Naruto began to look like he was imagining something that none of the others could see.

Naruto: <glaring at Sasuke> Believe it!

(Y/N) angrily smacked Naruto on top of the head.

(Y/N): Shut up, Naruto!

Naruto rubbed the back of his head, muttering to himself.

Kakashi: Let us know when you're done fantasizing, Naruto, so we can start the mission, all right?

Naruto: Right!

Sakura: Could you not be so annoying, Naruto, just for once?

Time-Skip

Squad 7 was in the backyard of a house, ripping weeds out of the garden.

(Y/N) pulled out a weed and looked at it.

(Y/N): Gross. I hate weeds.

He threw it into his pile and looked back at Naruto to make sure he was actually doing his job.