Chapter XXIII

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Y/N) woke to the sound of fighting. He groaned in pain as he slowly opened his eyes. He was on the ground in the middle of the forest, and it was morning. Naruto and Sasuke were lying next to him.

(Y/N): W-Where am I?

He sat up and looked out of the cave. The scene before him shocked him greatly.

Sakura was on the ground, hurt. Her pink hair was also cut to her shoulders. Rock Lee was lying on the ground next to her, badly injured.

In front of them stood the three Sound Ninja: Dosu, Kin, who was on the ground, and Zaku. They were looking at Shikamaru, Ino, and Chōji. Neji and Tenten were also in a tree, looking at the Sound Ninja. His Byakugan was activated.

(Y/N): <confused> What's happening?

Sakura gasped when she saw him.

Sakura: (Y-Y/N)? You're awake!

(Y/N): Sakura, what happened here? What happened to Ino and Lee? What happened to your hair?

Sakura: It's sort of a long story.

She then grunted in pain.

Suddenly, Dosu turned and looked at (Y/N).

Dosu: Oh, so he's awake?

All of the Genin looked over at (Y/N), who slowly got up. He glared at Dosu and picked up Crimson, who was lying next to him.

(Y/N): <to Dosu> What did you do here?

Dosu: Are you really going to fight me in your condition? Stupid boy.

(Y/N) growled and walked slowly towards the Sound Ninja.

(Y/N): You're going to pay for hurting my friends...

He gripped Crimson.

Dosu: <laughs> This is going to be easy.

The (H/C) haired male swung Crimson at Dosu, who avoided the swing.

Dosu stuck out his arm with the porous metal gauntlet and pointed it at (Y/N).

Dosu: You're too weak to fight. I'll make quick work of you.

Then, powerful sound waves shot out of the gauntlet, hitting (Y/N) head-on. He screamed in pain and covered his ears.

(Y/N): What the hell is this?

Soon, the sound waves stopped. Dosu stared at the male, who stood up again.

(Y/N): <hand seal> Fire Style: Blaze Ball!

A giant ball of fire erupted from his mouth, hitting Dosu, who yelled.

When the smoke cleared, Dosu looked around for (Y/N), who stood behind him. He then kicked Dosu in the back, sending him flying into the ground.

(Y/N): I'm not that weak, you know.

Dosu shot another sound wave at (Y/N), causing him to cry out in pain and cover his ears.

Sakura: <thinking> His wounds have healed so fast. But how?

Dosu glared at (Y/N) before he shot another sound wave at (Y/N), causing him to cry out in pain and cover his ears. Blood leaked from his ears.

(Y/N): Damn. <to Dosu> That's some impressive jutsu you got. But it's not going to save you.