Chapter LXXV

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(A/N): Le final chapter and an early one at that. You're welcome UwU

Minerva and Han arrived at her destination: a huge pile of rubble in Kusagakure. It had been a few days since they had met.

Han: So, uh, you wanted to find a torn-down house?

He looked at the remains. It had indeed once been a house.

Minerva: <shaking her head> Not torn down. Burned down.

She knelt over the rubble and took out an old newspaper from the bag she had brought. She looked at it cryptically.

Han: <confused> What's so special about this place?

Minerva: Let's ask around. There's something weird going on and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it.

Han: I take it that it involves (Y/N)?

Minerva nodded and walked away. Han had to hurry next to her since she was hauling ass.

Minerva: I don't think (Y/N) is actually (Y/N).

Han: What? What the hell do you mean?

Minerva didn't answer and kept walking.

...

Kakashi sighed as he walked through the Hidden Leaf Village. It had been a busy and very stressful last few days.

Neji and Choji were in critical condition before they were both healed by Lady Tsunade and Shizune. They had successfully killed their opponents, Kidomaru and Jirobo.

Kiba and Akamaru were moderately injured but with nothing life threatening. They had been saved by the timely arrival of Kankuro, who had killed Sakon and Ukon.

Shikamaru was the one who got out relatively unscathed aside from a few injuries like a broken finger. He had been helped out by Temari, who were able to defeat Tayuya. She had been crushed by a tree, but miraculously survived. However, Ibiki hadn't been able to interrogate her since she was in a coma from her injuries. No one knew when she would wake up.

Naruto was in the hospital. He had his share of bad injuries, and Sakura would visit him every day.

Rock Lee and Gaara were fine for the most part. They had battled against Shiki and two of those bat creatures from Kaneshiro's mansion. They promised (Y/N) that they would deal with them, but they got overwhelmed when a huge group of bat creatures arrived, forcing them to retreat.

(Y/N)... Just thinking about him hurt Kakashi. He was missing. No one knew where he had gone or if he was even still alive. It was the talk of the village. Kakashi kept his hopes that maybe (Y/N) was alive but he didn't know where he was.

Pakkun had picked up (Y/N)'s scent at the Valley of the End, but he couldn't follow it due to the storm. Search teams had scoured the valley and the surrounding forests extensively, but they found no trace of (Y/N).

Him going with Sasuke was one theory floating around, and Kakashi could see some validity in it, but he could never believe that (Y/N) would abandon everyone without saying goodbye or offering a reason for his leaving.

Naruto had confirmed that (Y/N) was at the valley and had even clashed with Sasuke. From Naruto's words, (Y/N) was infuriated at Sasuke which made him leaving with Sasuke all the more harder to believe.

Naruto had said that he and Sasuke had made one final attack at each other using Rasengan and Chidori, and that (Y/N) had got in the way of both attacks, taking the brunt of two powerful jutsus. No one could've survived that. At least, no one normal.