Chapter XX

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

All of the ninja stared at Ibiki.

Ibiki: First, you candidates from the Village Hidden in the Sound, knock it off. Who told you you could fight? You want to be failed before we've even begun?

He pointed at Dosu, Zaku, and the girl, Kin.

Dosu: Sorry. It's our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy... sir.

(Y/N) rolled his eyes.

Ibiki: <scoffs> I'll say this once, so listen up. There will be no combat between candidates. No attacking each other without the permission of your proctor. And even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately. Got it?

No one spoke.

Zaku: <smirks> No fatal force? That's no fun.

(Y/N): <to Zaku> Yeah, it isn't. Because you don't know how much I want to punch your face in!

The two glared at each other.

Ibiki: <shouting> Boys, enough!!

He then smirked when he saw (Y/N).

Ibiki: Well, well. So you're part of the only four-man team in this exam, aren't you? What's your name... um... (Y/N) (L/N), am I right?

(Y/N) just nodded.

Ibiki: I'll be keeping an eye on you.

(Y/N): Uh, okay. <thinking> Add another person interested in me to the list...

Ibiki: <to everyone> Now, if we're ready, we'll proceed to the first stage of the Chūnin Exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number. This number will determine where you will sit. We'll start with the written test once you're all seated.

Naruto: <confused> The what? Did he say... "written?" <yelling> NOOOOOO!!!! Not a written test! No way!

(Y/N): What? We're doing a written exam? That's totally boring. Why can't we just fight people?

When (Y/N) turned in his paperwork to one of the sentinels and got a number, which brought him to a seat close to the back of the room.

He sat down and saw that he was sitting next to Temari. He smiled at her, causing her to blush a little.

Ibiki, in the front of the classroom, held a piece of chalk in his hand.

Ibiki: Everyone, eyes front. There are a few rules you need to be aware of. And I won't answer any questions. So you better pay attention the first time around.

He began to write on the chalkboard.

Ibiki: All right. Rule number one is this. The written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system. Contrary to what some of you may be used to, you all begin the test with a perfect score of 10 points. One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong. So if you miss three, your final score will be 7.

(Y/N): <thinking> Sounds basic enough. It's the next rules I'm worried about.

Ibiki: Rule number two. Teams will pass or fail based on the total scores of all three or four members.

Some of the ninjas gasped.

(Y/N): <thinking> Dammit! And we have Naruto on our team! We're doomed...