Chapter XXXVII

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

As the crowd started to settle down from (Y/N)'s victory, the Kazekage looked at the Hokage.

Kazekage: <chuckles> This crowd is certainly energized.

Hokage: That's because it was a terrific fight. And also because they just saw a Shinobi from our village rescue an innocent.

Kazekage: Of course. That fight was even better than I expected it to be. I also suspect it's because their in anticipation for the next match. It is the second most anticipated match after (L/N)'s.

Hokage: Hm.

Kazekage: By the way, the Uchiha wasn't at the opening ceremony. He has arrived already, hasn't he?

Hokage: Uh, well...

The Hokage's bodyguard, Raidō Namiashi, crouched and whispered into the Hokage's ear.

Raidō: <whispering> There's been no news of Sasuke yet. And there's the issue over Orochimaru. Please, before everyone starts to make trouble, disqualify Sasuke.

Suddenly, the people in the stands started yelling and demanding for the next match, Gaara vs. Sasuke.

In the waiting area, (Y/N) groaned as he tied his long hair back into a ponytail.

(Y/N): Sasuke seriously isn't here yet?

Shikamaru: That Sasuke, what in the world does he think he's doing? Forfeiting?

Shino: A wise man never courts danger, leading to a wise decision.

(Y/N) and Naruto both looked at Gaara. Could Sasuke really be avoiding him?

Naruto: Huh, what are you talking about? He's definitely gonna be here, believe it.

(Y/N) stared at Gaara for a while.

Just then, in the arena, Raidō appeared. He said something to Genma before leaving.

Genma: <announcing> Listen, everyone. One of the competitors from the next battle has not arrived yet, so we're going to postpone this match briefly and simply jump ahead to the battle that would've followed this one.

(Y/N): Huh?

Naruto sighed in relief.

Naruto: That's good.

Shikamaru: Hey, that means my battle's one match closer now. What a drag!

Genma: Then on to the next battle. So Shino and Kankurō, come down.

(Y/N): Good luck, Shino.

Suddenly, Kankurō spoke up.

Kankurō: Proctor! I withdraw.

Naruto/Shikamaru/(Y/N): <shocked> Huh?

Shino looked at Kankurō, confused.

Kankurō: I withdraw, so please advance to the next match.

The crowd in the stands began to jeer.

Genma: Ugh. Due to Kankurō's withdrawal, Shino Aburame wins by default.

The crowd began to boo even harder.

Just then, Temari took out her giant fan and waved it around, creating a gust of wind that lowered her down into the arena.