obsession

I was trying to figure out who this Carlton asshole was. Poppa was sitting at his desk and my father was standing behind him. They always sit like that. Daddy was sitting in a chair next to the desk, and I was lying on Uncle Bry's lap. Uncle Bash was sitting at my feet on the arm of the couch.

"Is she that good that you had your big brother come to protect her? ," Carlton hissed

Just hearing his voice made my stomach turn.
" My uncle Bash loves me, and he will always help my daddy make sure I'm OK.... Right Uncle Bashy?" I yelled sitting up.

"Calm down Baby Girl." Daddy told me
"Yes, sir Daddy." I said leaning back on Bry
"Daddy sounds mad", I whisper to Bry. He just laughed. I felt daddy giving us a mean look.

"So Carlton what brings you here." My poppa asked him with a very serious look

"You have something I want or should I say someone I want." Carlton said looking at me. Bryson pulled me on his lap.
Carlton laughed, "If you would have protected your girl like you do Star maybe she would still be here huh..."

Uncle Bry slide me off of his lap and stood up. Bash grabbed me and pulled me to his chest. I never really paid attention to how built Uncle Bashy really was. I let out a small moan when he wrapped his arms around me.
"Be a good girl, young lady", he whispered.

My daddy stood up and stopped Uncle Bry from getting to Carlton.

My father told my daddy and uncle Bry to settle down and get do to why we were in the meeting.

I found out who Carlton was, we were in school together before my father took me out of the regular high school to put me in Skyward high with Daddy.
I still don't remember him at all. Oh well, it doesn't matter because Poppa and my daddy will take care of him.

"So why did you have to kill Gary and Kay?" Daddy asked
"They wasn't suppose to get hurt but I caught them together at a hotel and I thought you and Star was with them." Carlton said as he laughed
Why would Gary be with Kay? I am sure Uncle Bry had the same question.

"That don't explain why you want me ...why am I so important to you?" I asked as I held on to Bash. His smell was so amazing I all most got lost.

"My dear Star, you don't remember me at all, do you? Hmm, that might have happened when oh yeah that's right when I pushed you down the stairs." He said laughing like it was a joke.
My father yelled "Your the one who hurt my baby."
My father lunged at him causing my daddy to pull his gun out. Uncle Bry then pulled his. I was so scared, Uncle Bash pressed my head into his chest.

"You mother fucker, you hurt my baby... She almost died." My father yelled as I heard what sounded like punching sounds.

"That why I am here, to finish what I started. I can't have her, neither can he." Carlton yelled back at my father then I heard a gunshot, then another then I heard my Daddy scream. I felt a warm liquid running down the back of my legs. I pull away from Uncle Bash and looked up at him.
"Baby, Star please don't close your eyes." Uncle Bash said softy rubbing my cheek. I didn't understand what was going on until I went to turn to my daddy. It was me I was the one who got shot.
"Daddy.... It hurts... Daddy please make it....."

Vinny ....

I watched as my baby girl got shot in the back. She didn't even realize. Bash was holding her, he knew the second the gun went off.
I didn't get to kill the mother fucker before I could even pull my trigger Bryson all ready shot him between his eyes.

She was calling out for me she said it hurt, and she went to ask me to make it stop, but she passed out. Bash picked her up and yell for me to go get the truck. I felt my whole world fall apart. I felt numb. Bryson went instead, he must have known I was in shock.

"Vincent Bud you need to pull yourself together, Baby girl needs you right now." My father said pulling me to him by my shoulders. 
"Dad, she is my world  can not lose her." I cried out to him. Her father was dealing with the other men he brought with him.  My father called for more men, so we could follow Bash and Bryson to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital she was already in surgery. Bash had so much blood on him. He was sitting next to Bryson when my father noticed the small puddle of blood on the floor. The bullet went through Star and hit Bash. 

Before we knew it, Bash was being rushed in to surgery as well. 

Bryson has not said anything since I got here. I know he is going through hell right now. He just learned that he lied to by Kay and an man that we thought was our friend. I walked to him an put my arm around his shoulder and pushed me away. 
"Man, it should have been me not Baby girl" He said I just shook my head 
"Bry man, she is going to be OK, none of us knew." I said trying to be strong for him when I am dying inside, not only is my baby girl in surgery but  my big brother as well.