you sure?

When she turned around my heart started beating so fast and hard that it felt like it was going to bust through my chest. Her hands flew to her mouth and tears roles down her cheeks.

" Star my love will you marry....us?" I asked I know this is a lot for her to handle. But Bryson and I decided that we wanted to be married before the baby came.  What better way to ask her then at our graduation.

We had talked to her father the other day when her mother took her shopping for the baby. He gave us his blessing. I was relieved. A part of me was afraid that he was going to tell me no because of what I have done to her.

" Are you guys sure?" She said in between the tears.

" Yes baby girl we are positive...we want to spend the rest of lives with you." Bryson told her.

The audience was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

She shook her head and cried out....
" Yes, I will marry you both"
We both stood up and I placed the ring on her finger.

Everyone cheered for us.

" Congratulations....I am so proud of you guys" the dean said to us.

The school was hosting a graduation party. We wasn't going to go. We wanted to take Star out to dinner then head back home to have our own celebration. Star begged us to go. So we made her happy.

Before we went to the party our parents....stopped us. Even Bryson's father was there. That kind of shocked us all.

Stars father handed her a little box. She opened it slowly.
" Oh father it's beautiful...will you put it on me?"
It was a bracelet with three charms with our birth stones and one blank one.
She looked at it and her mother told her it was for the baby. She hugged them both.

" I am so happy that everything has worked out for the three of you. I know you have just moved into you apartment but I want to give this to you guys not only as a graduation present but as engagement gift also." He handed Star a box.
" Poppa it's a key...what for?" She asked.

" Baby poppa and I had a house built on the property for you to raise your babies in....and it ain't to far away from us so you can come visit me anytime you want." My mother told Star.

Star looked back at us. She gave my mother and father a hug.

" Ok so I couldn't buy you three a house or anything like that. I wish I could have. You guys have proven so many people wrong. I am proud of you Bry....you got you a good pair." Bryson's dad said. Him not knowing that what he said meant more than anything to us. He accepted us.

My baby girl was a bucket of tears by the time our parents got done with us.

They all left but before they did they asked us to come over to the house for dinner. Of course my beautiful future wife said we would.

We went to the party like we promised Star. There was much going on.

" Daddy ...I am hungry." She told me.

" What do you want to eat baby?" Bryson asked. She looked up at me and smiled.

" I want daddy to cook something for me"

" Ok baby let's get home then." I said pulling her to me and kissing her.

The ride home Star went on and on about the house and her ring. Bryson was quite. It kind of bugged me, and I don't even know why. Maybe because of his father. Today was the first time in a very long time he had seen him.

                            *

I was in the kitchen cooking Stars favorite chicken Alfredo with broccoli when she came in in nothing but her panties. Her little baby bump is growing now. She had put her hair in pig tails.... I know why.