5 lets become a family

Ren

Malik-san was really excited.

After we bought shirts and pants for me, we went to the shoemaker to get a shoes. They measured my feet and we finally get a good fitting shoes for me.

Then we went on to buy underwear for me. The underwear in Alsar looked like the usual boxer underwear in Earth but there was no rubber to keep the underwear from falling off. Instead, they used a string to tie it together.

"No need to hold back! Today we are celebrating the day Ren become my son!"

"Eh? I am penniless right now but I will surely pay you back later! Though.. We really become father and son huh."

Malik-san and I were walking to get some lunch, since we've finished shopping clothes for me.

"It's okay, no need to pay me back. Let's go to the government office someday to register you so you will officially become my son! I was quite a well known adventurer back in the past so becoming my son will make your life more convenient! And there's that house too, if anything were to happen to me, you will be the one to inherit it. It's okay!~"

"Becoming your son for the sake of money and fame is kinda.. bad don't you think? I'm really happy to become your son but I don't think I'm going to stay in Alsar forever."

I replied to Malik-san, his face suddenly turned solemn and gloomy.

Was he seriously going to adopt me as his son?!

Actually I was quite excited because I've never had a father figure in my life before but if possible, I wanted to return to Japan!

"Ahh.. That's right I haven't told you huh. The truth is, I've never heard of other worlder that managed to return to their previous world. As far as I know, every other worlder got stuck in Alsar until the day they die."

"Ah.. I see.. I kinda expected it but..Yeah. Well I guess that means the only family I have in Alsar is Malik-san then."

I knew it, returning to Japan was impossible after all.

Before I was transported here, I rarely saw my family but now when the option to visit them completely disappeared, I felt lonely in my heart.

I really love my mother and my step father though I never get the chance to bond with him yet.

When was the last time I called my mother? I couldn't remember.

I had lots of friends in the university but I only went out with them because it was convenient and I just went along with the flow.

Huh? Now that I was thinking about it, had I been really that lonely when I was in Japan?

"I see, this is my chance to finally have close family. Okay! I've decided! Let's go to the government office!"

"Eeeh? Today?? I'm really happy but today right off the bat??"

I knew it was sudden but.. A father huh.. I liked the sound of it. 

The mood around us suddenly grew warm and happy.

We walked back to the market area to buy the other basic necessities I needed.

"Since we finished earlier than I expected, let's buy the ingredient for tonight's dinner first."

"Yes. Ah and please let me make our dinner tonight. I want to know how to handle the ingredient in Alsar."