21 Encounter

This chapter set at the same day that Chris and Ren first met.

——————————————

When I came home late at night, the house butler told me that Malik-san contacted me.

"Malik-san tried to contact me?"

"Yes, he tried to contact Ferdinand-sama via adventurer guild. I told him that Ferdinand-sama is currently not here and I asked him whether he wanted me to pass his message or not but he said that we wanted to talk to Ferdinand-sama directly."

"Hmm.. It's unusual for Malik-san to contact me.. I wonder why?" I pondered then I turn my glance to the butler and said,"Thank you for your information, you may excuse yourself."

"Certainly. Excuse me, Ferdinand-sama."

Malik-san used to teach swordsmanship to both me and my brothers but that's as far as our relationship goes.

When I became an adventurer, I've registered my main guild as the one in imperial capital and since Malik-san is the guild master of Pedrell Adventurer Guild, it's quite unusual for him to reach out to me if it's related to adventurer matter.

"Well, I won't be able to know anything unless I contact him back."

Good thing we've installed magical communication device in this house.

I will use the device to reach Pedrell Adventurer Guild.

———————–

<Hello, this is Pedrell Adventurer Guild. My name's Hugo, how may I help you?>

<Good evening, my name is Ferdinand Aspell. May I talk to Malik-san?>

<Ooh?! Ice Prince! Wait a second, I will get Master for you!>

Looks like Malik-san is in the guild.

I wonder if there's anything I can do regarding my nickname?

I've already abdicated my succession right to the throne,so why do they keep calling me Ice Prince?

<Oi, thanks for waiting. Malik's here.>

<Malik-san, good evening. I heard that you tried to contact me?>

<Ah Fer, are you going to Calhea this year?>

Malik-san stopped using honorific on me after my official statement that I won't succeed the throne.

It'd be nice if other people would follow Malik-san's footsteps but I guess it'd be hard..

Anyway, Calhea?

<Hmm.. Right now, I don't have any plan on going to Calhea.>

<Well you see, my son is going to Calhea so why don't you try to meet him once?>

<Eh? Your son? I thought you were single, Malik-san.>

If I'm not wrong, Malik-san lives alone. He doesn't have a spouse or children.

<Last month, I met with an otherworlder and adopted him.>

<Ah I see.. So he become an adventurer and he's going to take the Calhea request?>

I've heard that there's a new other worlder in Pedrell, I guess Malik-san is the one that found him first?

<More or less, yeah. He's still in F-rank and this will be his first subjugation request.>

<Eh?! F-rank?! Isn't Calhea too dangerous for him??>

I think it's too soon for F-rank adventurer to take on Calhea request.