29In the blink of an eye

After we defeated the poison slime, our journey progressed relatively safe.

As usual, I was the one in charge of our meal.

Everyone complimented my food and they had this blissful face whilst eating my cooking.

I felt happy looking at them eating my food wholeheartedly like that.

Ah right, on our way here we encountered a wild hog monster.

They said the wild hog's meat was very tasty and juicy, it was the perfect ingredient for a steak.

Although I was hesitant at first since I didn't think we can consume monster's meat but they said it was normal to eat it.

Some meat on the market also came from the monster so apparently I might've been eating monster meat without me noticing.

Before we decided to form a party together, I was actually prepared to complete the subjugation quest all by myself by standing guard as support magician in the camp so at first I thought that the preparation that I've done might be a little bit too excessive for solo adventurer.

You know, with that huge tent that Malik-san gave me and all the food that I've prepared beforehand for both me and Chris-san..

But now I was glad since I could provide meals for my party.

Oh and the last thing.

We had a little dispute when we were about to sleep inside the tent.

Everyone was fussing over the right to sleep beside me but eventually we had found a peaceful solution through rock,paper, scissor competition.

The winners will be given the rights to sleep beside me.

The sight of the three of them playing rock, paper and scissor so seriously was both funny and scary.

As for barriers, since there was four of us casting barriers, the barriers were strong enough to last until morning came but there were rare case where a monster came close to our camp.

Well, the three of them easily finished the approaching monster though.

———————————————–

Today was the third day of our subjugation quest.

We've defeated quite a variety of monsters, from insect, animal, and event plant type monster but we've never met any humanoid monster.

I wonder if there were any humanoid monsters like succubus or dracula?

"Umm.. Is there any humanoid monster in Alsar?"

"Humanoid?~ Oooh~ You mean like demon kind?~"

"Demon?"

"Yup~ Demon is a high ranking monster but not only that they look like human, they also live like one. Rather than monster, they're more like another kind of beastman. They also have a very long lifespan~"

"That's right, the current demon king is over 300 years old. We live in perfect harmony, some demon kind also lives in human settlement. The current demon king is also my grandfather's godparent."

Eh?

Apparently demon and human had a good relationship to the extent a demon king could become a godparent of a human king.

Even though Alsar was like a world from fantasy game but there were some things fundamentally different here.

"Do they look like an elf or beastman too?"