39 uncertainty

------------

William was eating the grass near the tent while the other three were still busy discussing about something inside the tent.

"William, do you think it's alright for things to go like this? I mean.. I do like them, I like them very much but.. Don't you think we're progressing way too fast?" I talked lowly to William so the other won't be able to hear me.

As if William was comforting me, he nudged on me cheek using his snout.

"Because.. Let alone dating period, we almost instantly became fiancee you know? Furthermore we only have 3 months engagement period before we get married you know? Is this really the norm in Alsar? Ah but.. I also didn't think I would date someone but here I am, with 3 fiance in my hand. I didn't have good social relationship with people back in Earth you know? Ah but the one that decided the marriage registry date was me.."

Hearing me talking with William, Viktor also came close to us.

The beautiful white horse propped down next to me, I brushed both of William's and Viktor's hair simultaneously.

To think that I would return to Pedrell with fiance in tow..

Usually people would need more time to get to know each other before we they decided to get married, right?

But.. I think it was a little bit too late to forfeit the engagement.

"Ah....I'm so confused.."

"Are you confused, Ren-chan?~ Don't bear with it alone, share your problems with us. If there's something troubling you just tell us, okay?~" Chris-san whispered into my ear, hugging me from behind out of nowhere.

Since when Chris-san was here?!

When I turned my head, I saw the other two was standing not too far from us too.

"Umm..You know.. Back in Earth.. Usually people will date for a few years before they decided to get married.. So.. I was thinking if it's alright for us to proceed this fast..? But I think annulling the engagement is not the right solution as well.."

They listened to me carefully as I rambled my thoughts away.

The silence felt so heavy, I could even hear the sound of the grass swayed by the wind and birds chirping in the distance.

Even the warmth of Chris-san's body couldn't ease my heart.

"Compared to the norm in your previous world, I guess it is a little too fast. As we told you before, it's normal for the people to Alsar to get married even though they only knew each other for 3 months. So we thought the 3 months engagement period is long enough but if Ren think it's too soon, I don't mind extending the engagement period."

"T-that's not it! I mean... Ah.. I can't express my thoughts properly..."

It wasn't like I rejected Alsar's norm and actually the marriage was not the thing I was worried about.

Because I truly like them, I enjoyed being together with them and marrying them was something that I also wanted.

I was the one that proposed the date and I meant it.

I didn't want anyone else to snatch those three from me.

But.. Why I felt so anxious like this?

Something was not right but I didn't know what it was..

Ah.. I didn't even understand my own self.

I slumped against Chris-san's waiting arm and sighed.