6 the guild

Ren

"Whoa..so big.."

"Ah yeah well because the guild needs to be able to accommodate a lot of people. The traffic between the requester and adventurer is really high and there's also dining hall for the adventurer or guest to eat. Sometimes other civilians will come to the guild too."

There's 5 floors in this guild. Compared to the other building in Pedrell, the guild is really huge!

"On the first floor, there's the receptionist and the dining room. The second floor, is the administrative work space for the guild's staff including their break room. There's few space for more receptionist too and the warehouse is also on second floor. From the third floor to the fifth floor is the inn. The adventurers can rent a room there while they stay in town."

"I see.. Malik-san, you're the guild master of this place, right? To be in charge in such huge place, you're really amazing, Malik-san!"

Malik-san is amazing! He was a famous adventurer, now after he retired he becomes the guild master of this huge place!

Ah now that I think about it, Malik-san has spent these last two days with me, is it okay for him to ditch his work?

"Umm, Malik-san.. I'm really grateful for all your help these past few days but is your work alright? Since you had your hands full because of me.."

"Ahh, it's okay, it's okay. I've been working too hard and never took any vacation before so I've decided to finally enjoy myself a little. Today too, I'm not here to do any work. I just want to register Ren to the guild and then go back home."

I'm glad Malik-san didn't skip his work for me but I'm not an adventurer so why would Malik-san decided to register me?

"I don't have any combat ability you know? Is it okay to register me??"

"I know, I know. Well, shall we go in first? There's two entrance. This one for the adventurer, and that one is for normal civilian. Though I suppose you can tell by looking since there's guard with scary face over there."

So what ?? That doesn't make me feel happy at all! Those guys faces are too scary! I suppose it's good that they are stationed on the door for adventurer, I doubt any normal civilian would dare to get close to them.

Malik-san pulls me to get in through adventurer's door. There's a sign on the door.

[Entrance for adventurer only. General audience please enter through the door on the right ~]

Oh, the sign is in what looked like Arabic letter but somehow I can read it. Is this one of the perk being an other worlder? I don't really get it but is sure very convenient!

As we enter, I see a bulletin boards on my right side and a line of ornamental plants behind it. I guess it's used to cover the entrance for the general civilians. There's a bunch of tables on the left side, some adventurers are having their meal there. In the corner, there's a counter. I guess you can order food from there.

If we go straight, there's a stairs to the 2nd floor. Next to the stairs is another counter with a sign [Quest Registration] on there.

"Eh? Guild master, I thought you were on vacation until tomorrow?"

A young man with cat ear on the counter calls out to Malik-san. Next to the cat eared man, there's an old man with thick beard.

"Yeah, I'm here to register my son to the guild."

"WHAAAAAAAT?!?!"

Everyone in the guild screams in unison. I can feel their eyes piercing through me.