69 first stay(edit)

On Malik-san's day off, the two of us spent the day relaxing at home and talked about a lot of things. "I want to see my grandchild soon. I have some savings so I can retire and help take care of the children when you're away. I'm sure Ren's child is going to be absolutely adorable!"

Malik-san said, showing me the glimpse of him becoming a doting grandfather in the future. I wasn't even pregnant yet.. Or rather, I hadn't even tried making them yet.

Malik-san definitely would be the type of grandpa that rushed out to lavish his grandchild with mountains of toys and clothes. It was a little scary to see Malik-san wasn't joking when he said he wanted to have a grandchild soon...

"But don't you think being a working grandpa is cool too?" "You think so?" "Yes! You're definitely going to be a cool working grandpa!" For now, I hoped Malik-san would reconsider retiring from the guild when I had a baby. Malik-san was still young so having him shift his raison d'etre to be taking care of his grandchild is kind off.... ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
The next day after, the three of them were moving into the rental house. They seemed to have already finished moving in the morning. By the time I arrived, they were already relaxing in the living room. "Hello. It seems you guys have already finished moving in?"

"Yes. The bed we ordered for the master bedroom has already arrived as well." "Oh? They're faster than I expected." Fer-san was sitting on the sofa with a book in his hand while both Chris-san and Sig-san were sitting on the floor while polishing their swords. I couldn't believe they had already finished moving this fast. The bed we had ordered the day before yesterday had already arrived as well.

"Ren-chan, you said you're going to stay over tonight, right?~" "Ah, yes. I planned on sleeping over but if it troubles you, we can postpone it to a later date?" "No~ I just want to make sure~" Chris-san was polishing his sword with a whetstone when he asked me if I would stay with them tonight. He had the usual charming grin on his face.

"Umm...Would it be alright if I cook dinner tonight? The kitchen in Malik-san's house is really amazing but the kitchen in here does not fall short either so I want to try cooking here..." The kitchen here looked really amazing. Malik-san's house had three stove burners but here, they had four! Four stove burners! Honestly having a high spec kitchen like this was a waste since the three of them didn't really cook. I was thinking of cooking everytime I came here so the kitchen wouldn't be a waste.

"Oh! I can eat Ren's homemade meal? We already ate at the nearby restaurant yesterday but of course Ren's cooking is definitely the best!" "I would be pleased if Ren-kun would cook for us." Sig-san looked relaxed as he wiped his sword on the floor. His tail had been swinging left to right lightly. But the moment I told him I wanted to cook dinner, he visibly twitched. His face became bright and his eyes were sparkling.

I was happy to hear him saying my cooking tasted better than the restaurant's. Fer-san also looked very delighted. I really needed to do my best to satisfy them... "Then I'm going to buy groceries before it gets too late, okay?" "Ah~ I will come with you~"

"I will come as well, Ren-kun."

"Count me in! Count me in!" To be honest I planned on going alone but the three of them looked excited to come with me.

I had my magic bag with me so carrying groceries wouldn't be a problem but since we were all already gathered here, maybe going together would be the best?

"Shall we go now? The market is about 15 minutes away from here, right?" "That's right but Ren-kun, do you want to shop right away? Would you like to have tea first? Take a break before you go out again?"