16 departure

Malik-san came back home at evening, we had dinner together and I told him about my day. Including my complain because Chris-san paid everything for me.

"Can't you believe it Malik-san?! I didn't get to spend any money at all today.. Chris-san bought them all for me.."

"Well isn't that alright? I think that Chris guy seems to be a good person despite all the rumors about him."

"Rumors?"

"Ah! W-w-well it's an old story, don't mind it!" Malik-san laughs a little awkwardly and then he starts," Anyway tomorrow you're going to start cooking, right?"

I can feel that Malik-san is trying to change the topic abruptly.. But I will let it slide.

"Yes, I'm going to cook lots of food!"

"Don't push yourself, okay?"

"It's okay, cooking is fun afterall~"

Gradually, I've stopped using polite speech with Malik-san. In just one month, I can feel the distance between us shrinking. I feel like our child-parent bond is getting stronger now.

Everyday, it's become our routine to sit and lay back on the sofa after dinner and just talk about our day.

I'm really happy because I never had this sort of bonding time with my parent before.

"In 2 days, Ren will be gone. Be careful not to hurt yourself,'kay? Ah.. I'm going to be really lonely.."

"I'm also going to feel lonely but.. I don't want to remain an F-rank forever! I will be careful not to hurt myself though, so rest assured!~"

....See?

Just like father and son, right?

I feel like our conversation has a strange mood going on but I don't know.. I never had father figure before so maybe that's why I feel strange.

~The day of departure~

"Fuu...Ah I'm glad I'm able to wake up right on time. I have to prepare myself and wake Malik-san up because he insisted that we wanted to see me off." I yawn once again and stretch my arm out.

I've promised Chris-san to meet him in the guild at 5 o'clock so I woke up at 4 o'clock to prepare myself.

I quickly get out of my bed and change into the new clothes that Chris-san bought for me.

It's a navy blue long sleeved shirt along with black pants.

My magic bag,mantle and dagger is inside the living room. I also already prepared the dark boots that Chris-san chose for me on the porch. For the time being, I'm going to wear my slipper while I'm inside the house.

After finished changing, I walk to Malik-san's room and knocks on his door,"Malik-san? Wake up, Malik-san~"

I hear a bustling sound before Malik-san replies,"... Ah.. I'm awake.. I'm awake.. Go prepare yourself first Ren, I will join you later."

Usually Malik-san won't be awake for another 4 hours so it's to be expected for him to feel sleepy but he was determined to see me off so there we have it.

Fufufu, I actually feel happy that Malik-san willing to go such length to see me off though.

———————————–

I go to the kitchen and prepares breakfast for me and Malik-san.

After a while, Malik-san came. He already changed his clothes so we sit down and start to eat together.