8 1 Month Later

One month had passed since my aptitude test.

I had been taking lulu grass gathering quest everyday.

Lulu grass was used for creating recovery potions so the gathering request was always available for me to take.

The grass grew in the forest where Malik-san first found me, I could easily gather it thanks to [Search] magic.

It was a part of support magic so I had great aptitude with it.

For every 100 grass I turned in, I got 5000 elk.

My daily routine went like this.

In the morning, I went to the guild, took the quest and gathered the lulu grass. When it was time for lunch, I returned to the guild and had lunch with Malik-san and the others. After I finished lunch, I practiced my swordsmanship and magic with Malik-san in the training ground.

"I wonder when I will be able to improve my combat magic skill..."

I slumped my head down on the counter gloomily.

Even though I'd been practicing everyday, my combat magic didn't improve at all.

On contrary, I didn't have any problem with my support magic, in fact Malik-san and the others gave me their stamp of approval for support magic.

But, my support magic would be useless if I couldn't defend myself properly...

If I didn't improve my combat abilities, I wouldn't be able to take any other request.

Aside from gathering lulu grass, there was also baggage carrying quest but the luggage weight was too heavy for me so it was impossible as well.

So, lulu grass gathering was the only thing I could do.

Seeing I was being depressed like this, Tord-san asked me.

"Ren-san, your support magic is good but you won't be able to do the quest with support magic alone. So why don't you join a party instead? It's been a month since you came to Alsar and you're pretty popular here. I wonder why you're still alone?"

"I've been asking around but there's no party that Malik-san approves. Malik-san keep on rejecting party after party. He said that party is not strong enough to protect Ren. That party has ulterior motives, Ren chastity will be in danger. And so on.."

If I joined a party, I could take different variety of quest, my rank would also increased.

But Malik-san was being really strict in which party I should choose.

I heard there was some party that requested for me but Malik-san turned them all down without telling me beforehand.

"Well I agree with Master! Since it's for Ren-san of course the party has to be a good party! Heck, even if it's not Ren-san even I wouldn't allow people to join such suspicious party! Ren-san you don't have good eyes at reading people!"

"Is that so? I don't have a good eyes huh.. Well that means I have to keep collecting lulu grass for now huh.."

Was I that bad at seeing through people's intention?

I wonder if there was any simple method to know which one was a good party and which one was not..

But even if I were to find one, all the good party already had support magician in their party anyway.

"Ren-san, not only you're the Master's son you're also this guild's idol you know! Of course we will get protective over you!"

"I-Idol..? Is it because I'm small so you guys treat me like a child..?"