Miya Atsumu

"Come onnn Y/nnn"

"You're so fucking annoying." You deadpanned to your childhood friend.

"Please come to it practice! You've been avoiding coming for a year now!"

"That's because I don't wanna go!"

"Please Y/n. For me?"

"Oh shut up. Fine! Yeah fine!" You gave in.

"Perfect! We have a practice game and some of the school is coming to watch!" Atsumu said as he grabbed your hand, pulling you out of the school and into the gym.

"Ah I see where you're going with this..But like..why do I have to be there?"

"Well..The girls will be cheering like crazy and well if you're there, they won't speak!"

"You know I kinda hate being used.."

"Oh shut yer trap Y/n. You love me."

"Sure, but pretending to be your girlfriend is exhausting at times Atsumu!"

"Oh come on Y/n! It's not that bad! Now were about to enter the gym!"

You rolled your eyes and ended with a fake smile.
You slowed your pace with Atsumu and intertwined your hand better into his, to make this whole thing believable.

As you walked into the gym you already noticed a group of fan girls cheering for Osamu already. You even heard some voices asking where Atsumu was.

You tugged on Atsumu's arm and smiled to him.
"Do your best!" You said, pulling him down into a hug.
"You owe me..."

"I'll buy you a pack of smokes later."

"Deal."
You said letting him go.

"Good luck kiss?" He smirked.

"A lighter too."

"Deal." He smiled as he leaned down into you, your lips quickly connecting his.

"But on a friend level, Good luck and kick their ass."

Atsumu smirked.
"You know it!"

"Oi! Atsumu stop flirting with your girlfriend and get over here to warm up!" Ojiro yelled to the two of you.

"The expensive brand okay?"

"Y/n you're gonna make me broke." He smiled because running off, leaving you alone.

You took in a deep breath as you took a quick look a round to see an empty spot for you to sit down.
You noticed that there was quite a few people to watch just a practice match, and as much as you didn't want to be around those Miya fan girls, you knew why Atsumu picked you to be his fake girlfriend.
You had this 'resting bitch face' that would send chills down anyone's back.
Although you were quite a nice person, this was just a blessing and a curse.

Atsumu had approached you just a week into your guy's second year of high school.
In his first year, him and his twin brother had gained a lot of attention with their volleyball skills.
But it wasn't just the school who was a huge fan, it also a lot of Japan.
The twins would show you messages from girls from other schools and what they said amazed you. Mostly how bold they were.

But as much as Atsumu liked the flirting and the cheers for him. When playing, it drove him nuts.
And that's where you come in.

You drove the attention away from him girl wise.
No girl ever dared to approach him with another confession after you two became public.
It wasn't your idea to fake date, rather his.
But you did love Atsumu and you wanted him to have a good high school career. Also you noticed how popular he was with everyone, and wanted to help as well.

"Please just this once?" Atsumu begged as you both walked to school together.

"Atsumu no! I'm not pretending to be your girlfriend!" You rolled your eyes at the second year setter.

"Please!"

"Uh fine!" You finally gave in, since this wasn't the first time he had asked this of you.
"But I have to ask..Why me? Why not just get a girlfriend that you actually like? Then your problem would be solved and I wouldn't have to be involved!"

"Because you're perfect! Childhood friends getting together! It's the perfect cover! you have to agree with me there..And..I'm not ready to put in the full effort of actually dating someone."

You sighed.

"And you have one mean stare! If looks could kill Y/n, you'd be a serial killer!"

"Just don't make this drag on forever Atsumu, like what if I like someone?"

"Do you?If you do then it's news to my ears."

You rolled your eyes. "Not at the moment, but what if someone comes my way."

"Then we'll break up Y/n. Look I don't wanna keep you from your happiness."

"Thanks..I guess."

"So? Starting today?"

"Starting today I guess."

It's now been a month since you and Atsumu brought your 'relationship' public.
The only person that was in on the lie was his twin brother Osamu.

****

You watched the match play out and actually found it interesting to watch.
You've been involved with helping the twins with practicing since middle school. The three of you would always head to the park to just throw around a ball, you even learned a few things but never really had the motivation to play.

You would noticed every so often that girls would whisper near you.
Saying things like it was a shame that Atsumu wasn't available. Or that if you could help them get with Osamu.

You would just let all the gossip in one ear and out the other. Ignoring everything and everyone around you.

You would notice every so often that Atsumu would look your way and give you a thumbs up, to which you'd fake a smile and wave your hands. Sometimes even cheering him on.

You gained a lot of attention this way and you'd be lying if you said that you weren't annoyed at the glares.

Man..I need a smoke.

A/N!
Ah yes I'm super excited for this fanfic, like I haven't been this excited since writing my Bokuto book! I hope you guys enjoy!
Also, Don't smoke guys. It's bad for you okay? I'm just using it in the story for some character things..:)