Innocent Until Proven Guilty

"It's Saturday..The twins should be home in about a few hours..they always played longer on Saturday's.." You spoke to yourself.
"About Noon is probably when they'll get a break..Or maybe sooner?"
You threw your head into your hands.
"Ugh I don't know!"

You felt so exhausted from your mind just racing. You couldn't calm down and relax, not without your innocence proven.

You wondered what was going on through Kumi's head and even considered knocking her out and maybe knock some sense into her. But you tried to erase that idea away from your mind.
You were not a violent person.

You waited anxiously in your room for someone, anyone to come and say that you were right and you were innocent.

As if on cue, you heard a knock at your door.
"Y/n honey?" Your moms voice came through, trying to open you door, but you barricaded it with your dresser like you used to in the earlier days.
"Y/n you need to eat something.."

"Not hungry but thanks."

"Did you sleep?"

"That's a stupid question mother."

Your mother stayed silent. Closing your door and leaving you alone.
You bit the bottom of your lip and checked the time one more time.
It was now past noon and you were starting to lose hope.

"Kumi wouldn't be that crazy to knock Kaneko out so badly that she'd be unconscious for this long!"
You said to yourself.

Living inside your brain, you started to feel more and more tired. Finally finding sleep and falling deep into a pit of darkness. Not being able to stay awake any longer.

****

It was the sounds of banging on your door that woke you up.
You looked at the time and noticed that it was now close to dinner time.

"Y/n open up!" Atsumu's voice chimed through your ears.

You jumped up from your slumped position on the chair and moved the dresser, opening the door to only have him engulf you into a tight hug. You looked over his shoulder to see Osamu and Suna standing in the hallway, both of them with their arms crossed.

"She woke up Y/n!" Atsumu practically yelled.

"And?"

"You're innocent Y/n!"

You felt a weight on your shoulders be lifted.
"really? You aren't pulling my leg? I'm not dreaming am I?"

"The principal is down stairs, as well as Kumi and her parents."Osamu spoke.

You let Atsumu take you out of your room and down into the living room.

"Ah Miss L/n..I owe-" The principal started.

"I don't want to hear it honestly. Not from you at least."

Kumi's mother nudged her shoulder to get her to speak.
She flinched but avoided your eyes.

"I just have one simple question for you Kumi." You said.

She stayed silent.

"Did you sleep last night?"

Her eyes finally met yours but looked away when she noticed the dark circles under your eyes.

"Because I couldn't. And I was innocent. I couldn't imagine how you feel right now? Ashamed? Sorry? Angry?"

"Y/n.." Your father started but your held up your hand to let him know that you weren't finished.

"I bet that you slept like a baby. But woke up with a jolt remembering that Kaneko would wake up soon and tell everyone that it was you who did that to her and not me. That this plan of yours didn't work."

"Say you're sorry." Kumi's mother demanded.

You shook your head with a smile. "I don't want to hear those words come out of her mouth, sorry but that's the truth. Saying you're sorry doesn't do anything for me..It don't prove that you were actually sorry."

"Why did you do it?" Atsumu asked.

"Mr, Miya." The principal spoke.

"No, No I want to know why as well." You smiled.

Kumi kept her eyes on the ground. Shrugging.
"I-I D-don't K-Know.."

"You don't know?"Atsumu yelled.

You gave him a look as of to tel him to shut up.
Then you looked back to her mother, to which you noticed she had her hand on her daughters arm in a death grip.
You walked over and prayed her hand off of Kumi.

"I don't know about you? But I really hate when it's visible that parents are abusive." You looked straight into her mother's eyes.

"Excuse m-"

"Look I'm not happy with what happened either, and I will never forgive or forget what Kumi did but, I can see that look in your eyes and it's pure rage...As much as Kumi deserves to be punished, what you're gonna do to her when the doors are locked and the lights off, I don't want her to go through that."

Kumi looked up to you. Questioning herself as to why you're saying this.

You looked down to Kumi, who you could tell was crying by the red puffy eyes.
"What you did wasn't right okay? But I don't want your life to be ruined either. Now if Kaneko's parents press charges then I can't help you there, but what I can say...next time..Just think before you act."

"I-I'm sorry." She said in a soft voice.

You shook your head and walked away from the girl and her parents.
"I hope what I said will stick inside your head when you go home with her." You said towards Kumi's mother.
"As for you sir." You then looked to the principal. "May I come back to school on Monday?"

"Yes. Your expulsion was lifted and teared up. Nothing will show up on your school records either."

You nodded slowly. "As they shouldn't..But also sir? Next time a girl pleads that she isn't guilty of something..believe her.."

He nodded.

You smiled to yourself."I feel like a damn cop or something, putting everyone into their place..fuck it feels good."

"Y/n! Language." Your mother hissed.

You turned to your friends with a smile. "I'm so done with drama."

A/N
Fuck...me too😂