Kazue Part: One

You could smell the rain in the air as you approached the cemetery a few blocks away from your home.

Your mother and father offered to drive you, but when you asked if they'd be joining you, they stayed silent. That's when you refused their offer, taking the bus on your own.

In all honesty, you were happy to not have a phone at the moment. Having that it was now ruined from the events last night. You were able to have peace today with no messages from anyone asking if you were okay.

Although not having your phone was too good to be true since this morning when you walked out of your house, the twins were sitting on their steps, waiting to see you.

You stopped to wave to them.

"You look beautiful today Y/n." Atsumu smiled, but it was forced smile. You knew that he was also in pain. But he wanted to keep his usual morning routine in check with greeting you with a smile.

You nodded to him with a hum, taking out a new pack of smokes that Suna had bought for you. Since he did feel bad for ruining your phone.
You lit it and looked to the sky.
"Looks like it might rain today..better go inside before you both get sick."

The twins watched as you walked down the road and to the bus stop, shoving one hand in your jacket pocket while the other held the smoke you lit.
You could feel their stares burning in the back of your head, but couldn't bring yourself to look behind you.

You knew it was gonna rain and yet you didn't bring your umbrella. Was it because your mind was so occupied but empty that you forgot, or was it simply because you wanted to have the rain fall on you. Letting your clothes become soaked.
You wanted to feel the rain, to feel alive.

The bus unfortunately didn't go as far to deliver you right in front of the cemetery, so it was a little bit of a hike to get to where you knew you needed to be.
But you didn't mind, walking helped cleared your mind. Well you liked to think that it did.

You didn't noticed but you were dragging your feet as you made it up the small hill.
In front of you stood the gates of Hyogo cemetery.
You could feel your heart drop.

Walking to where you knew your bother was, you started to remember the last time you were here.
It was a year ago and it was his funeral. The very funeral that your parent refused to go to to plan. The planning was left for you and your aunt.

The ground felt to you as if it was about to collapse from underneath you, wanting to stop where you were right now, you weren't ready to see that very tombstone that haunted your dreams for the past year.
You wanted to turn back and go home where you could let all feelings out in the comfort of your bed.
But something kept pulling you towards him. Towards your little brother.

It wasn't long till you felt yourself stop.
You had your head hung low, looking at the tomb stone beside you, from the corner of your eye.
You bit the bottom of your lip as you read:

L/n Kazue.
A beloved Son, Brother and friend.
Gone too soon.

You finally brought yourself to turn and look the grave.
A single tear had fallen down your cheek, sending a warm sensation down your face.
You didn't bother to wipe it away as you knew that there will only be more to come.

Taking a deep breath, you found yourself speechless. You didn't know what to say.
Instead you looked around you, when you noticed that no one was near you,you pulled out your smokes and lit it with a shaky hand.
A sudden gust of wind had come making you smirk as you held the cigarette between your teeth.
"Yeah I know Kazue..You never really did like me smoking."

You tucked the lighter into your pocket and took a long and much needed drag.
More tears fell down your stoic face.
You clenched your jaw as you set a hand on the stone in front of you.
"What do you say in a scenario like this Kazue? Tell you that I miss you? That I love you?" You felt your chest tighten.
"I don't know what to do little brother.."

You felt another gust of wind blow, but this time it had blown your cigarette out, making you smile.
"I will quit..But right now.." You clenched your hand, crushing the previously lit smoke."Maybe if i were to see that smile of yours again, I'd have the strength to quit..."

You paused for a moment, not knowing what to do with your now, crushed smoke. You just decided to put it in your jacket pocket.

You looked up to the sky.
"I know you watch over me little bro..you told me that you always would..that you'd always be with me.."
Your throat tightened as you begun crying.
You hung your head down as you let the tears fall.
"I can't believe that it's been a year already Kazue..." You wiped away your tears and smirked. "Time sure does fly don't it?"

It was as if he as really with you, you could suddenly feel warmth of the sun escaping from a cloud, shining down on you.
You looked up and smiled. "Hi buddy.I'm sorry mom and dad couldn't make it again..It's been a hard time bud."

The sun had disappeared and the dark cloud resumed a new spot.

You looked back at the grey stone and stared at his name.
L/n Kazue

It was as if you could feel a warm pair of arms wrap around you.
But that's when you realized that someone was actually hugging you from behind.

You turned around fast and looked to see who it was, and to your surprise it was the very middle blocker who held your heart in his hands.

"Suna? What are you doing here?"