Closing The Door

"She's not my girlfriend."

Over and over his words, and the tone of his voice played through your head.
Over and over again non stop.
It was like a record that would stop no matter how many times you pulled the plug.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!" Atsumu cried out, lunging towards Suna.
He grabbed ahold of his collar, pulling him to his face.
"Wanna repeat those words again?"
His face was beat red from anger and his eyes full of hate.
"How dare you say that! After everything! What was she to you anyways? Just a toy? Something you could have fun with then throw it away like trash!"

"Get off of me."

"Tell me huh! How is it that you went through all these lengths to win her heart, to get her to open up only to just crumble it up like paper! Did you even love her!?!"

"No."

His cold tone hit you like a truck.
His words pooling over your mind, making you feel hazy.
Why do this?

"And here I thought that you'd be good for her! For her to finally open her heart to someone! You never deserved that!"

"You talk like you're the one who's in love with her." Suna's ounce was calm, unchanging, even with Atsumu's tight grip on him.

"Because I do! I love her with all my heart!"

"Not as friend though."

Atsumu tightened his grip.
"No! I love her for her and just knowing that I couldn't have her pained me! But I was willing to throw away my feelings, to pretend that they weren't there if it meant she could be happy with you!"

"Your point?"

"You're heartless! You never deserved Y/n!"

Osamu looked to you and noticed the distant look in your face. A look that he hasn't saw since the day your bother had passed.
He took in a deep breath to say something to Suna, but that's when it hit him.
He knew what Suna was doing when he said those words, and hell..He even fell for it for a moment.
Atsumu was too dense to get it, but his brother wasn't.
He knew that this was going to be the only way to break your goal.

Osamu grabbed his brother and threw him away from the middle blocker, before he could land a lunch he was ready for.
He crashed to the floor with a loud *thud*

"I get it 'Tsumu, I'm mad at him too for hurting Y/n, but think to yourself about what you might do if you did pummel him."

Atsumu shook his head, looking to you and sighed.
You had tears forming in your eyes, but you wouldn't let them fall, you held them back, trying to not show any sign of weakness.
You didn't want to show any type of emotion, to let Suna win by crying for him.
What did he want? For you to beg for him to stay with you? For you to pour your heart to him?
That wasn't about to happen anytime soon.

The setter got off the ground and went to you, pulling you into a tight embrace.
You could hear the sound of his heart beating in your ear and wanted to cry, to cry into his chest, but you wouldn't let yourself do it.
You were venerable to Suna, opened up to him and yet..he calls things off with you. The ultimate heart break.
You went through all of this school work for nothing, doing it with him in mind, but now that was all a waste.
You wanted to be with him, to see him everyday like you used to, but that was all a blurred memory now.

The last thing you wanted was to return to Hyōgo after what Suna just said.
But maybe one day when things blow lever, you'd return to the twins, reunite with them, but for now, you wanted nothing more then to crawl into a shell and hide from the world . To build up those walls again that he broke down so easily.
To smirk at the three boys and be your old, bold and careless self.
But..you were hurt..In pain...And right now..there was not an inch of boldness in you.

"We should go." Osamu said.

"No way! Are you kidding! We can't just leave Y/n! Not like this!"

"We have school tomorrow, and how will you get home huh? Suna is the one who drove anyways."

"I don't even want to look at him right now, or even be in the same car as him!"

"You will..And soon..We'll wait outside, say your goodbyes 'Tsumu."

"And you're not gonna say goodbye?"

"I don't like goodbyes.." You finally spoke with a soft voice.

Atsumu pulled you away from him, looking at you with a confused face.

"When someone says goodbye, it means just that..goodbye..rather to a see you later, meaning that it isn't a forever thing..that you'll see them again.."

"Y/n-"

"So I don't need your goodbye.." You said to him, but you really were aiming those words to Suna.

"Let's get going." Suna spoke up, looking to you one last time. Burning the image of your distant eyes, and emotionless face into his brain.
He never wants to forget this pain in your face. Your tone of your voice, all of it.
He knew he hurt you, but this was the only way to get you stay in Tokyo, to stop overworking yourself before it gets out of hand.
He choked down his feelings and put on a fake face, he called your relationship off to seem like the bad guy..he just hoped that it'd work.
He wished that when you did return to Hyōgo, that you would give him another chance, that you wouldn't hate him forever. that you would see what he was trying to do right now.

Atsumu said his 'see you later.' As well as Osamu, leaving out of your room.
The last to leave was Suna.

"Say it..go ahead." You groaned, avoiding eye contact with him. "I dare you to, say your goodbye Suna..because clearly that's what you want."

He sighed. Knowing that the damage was done.
The time he had noticed your first fake smile when you showed up to practice, fake dating Atsumu.
The time when you found him sitting on your doorstep after witnessing your mother leaving you.
The time when he first kissed you, the feeling in his chest, the love that was blooming.
The time when you opened up finally, and talked about your brother and the burden your parents had put on you.
All of it, was now gone. Wasted. All the time and effort was lost.
He finally knew everything about you, and yet..used I against you to make you stop..to make you put your health in front of your friends..to finally see how much strain your putting on your body, to show you how happy you could be here in Tokyo.

Finally deciding not to say anything at all, he took his leave, closing your bedroom door behind him, closing the chapter of you and him along with it.

"See you later." He whispered under his breath.