Tired

Reality.

Suna ended up staying the night with no issue. You both ate dinner with your aunt and cousin, trying to not lash out at Kumi when she'd shoot him a flirty look toward Suna.
Anytime she would open her mouth, you'd start a random conversation, avoiding what she wanted to say.

You both stayed in your room, watching movies and talking about random things till very late in the night.

When Sunday came, you and Suna had to say your goodbyes.
You didn't want him to leave, but also knew that he had a long drive back to Hyōgo, and you knew that his mom was probably wanting her car back.

"Don't miss me too much." You smiled to him as you walked him out the door.

"I'll try not to."

"Tell the twins I say hi."

He nodded. "You'll probably get getting a phone call from them soon enough.."

"Probably." You smiled.

Suna reached his hand to you, tucking a loose strand o hair behind your ear.
He leaned in, your lips only inches away from his.
You were about to lean in and seal the goodbye but stopped when he spoke.

"Don't work yourself too hard okay? Don't push past your limits just to come home to me..I'll be waiting no matter the time..If I find out you over worked yourself, I'll personally pull you out of that dream of yours to graduate early."

You felt yourself twitch at his words.
He wouldn't do that would he?..Nah he totally would...

He then leaned in fully after he was done talking, connecting his lips with yours in a desperate, yet passionate type of way.

You pulled away from him.
"I'll see you soon."

"I'll to to visit, with the Interhighs coming up, I don't know how much time I can give you."

"How about taking our own words? Don't overwork ~Yourself~" You teased.

Suna rolled his eyes and hummed, turning n his heels to leave without another word.

You watched him get into the car and drive away, watching till he was no longer in sight.
You felt this guilt burning inside you.
Was he worried that I put too much on my plate? And the hell with the cheesy line? So what if I overwork myself, I don't want to be here..Hyōgo is my home..

****

Suna was right, there was barely anytime to spend together lately.
It's been two months since he came to visit you in Tokyo, and you missed him greatly.
Sure phone calls and such would take place, but even those were turning into quick hello and talk to you laters.

You knew he was busy, and you were too, getting ready to take exams before summer vacation.
You wondered what your summer vacation would look like.
But you also kind of knew the answer.
Homework and online work.

You wondered if Suna would be available to visit, but also knew that was stretch. He would be busy training with the team, and the twins as well.
You hated to feel this selfish, but you wanted to see them more than anything.

Maybe I could ask my aunt for a ride? But I also don't want to burden her..and the train is out of question since all my money is going towards college when I graduate..so...What do I do?

It was a rather sunny day, and you found yourself i a constant state of dizziness.
Looking out the window, letting the blue sky fill your eyes.
Feeling the slight breeze that came through the open window, of the stuffy classroom.

You were totally, and completely out of it.

"L/n-san?..L/n..L/n..-"

"Huh?" You said, snapping out of your gaze, meeting Akaashi's gunmetal eyes.
"Do you need something?"

"It's lunch now.."

You looked around to see that the class was empty, only you and Akaashi were left.

"I see..Thanks for that then I guess.."

"You gonna stay here?"

You nodded with a hum, grabbing your bag to get the bento box you made yourself this morning.

"Do you want some company?"

You shook your head. "It's fine, go hand with Bokuto or someone, I'm sure he's looking for you anyways."

Akaashi didn't do what you said, instead he took his seat that was in front of you.
Putting his lunch on your desk and opening it, staying silent as he begun to eat.

You eyed him for a moment, but then gave up on the thought of making him go eat somewhere else, that you didn't actually need company. Instead you also started to eat with him, letting the comfortable silence overcome the to of you in the empty classroom.

"Have you talked to Suna-san recently?" Akaashi finally asked.

"No..not really at least..It's been a while."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

You shrugged. "It's fine..honestly, something that bound to happen sooner or later anyways.."

"Are you guys..broken up?"

You smirked. "Why you interested in me?"

His face turned a bright red. "No..I was just-"

"I'm just teasing Kaashi..Calm yourself..and no to answer your question."

The boy in front of you shook his head.
"I've been noticing that you have been taking a lot more work home than normal..Are you failing?"

"Nope..Just trying to achieve my goal is all."

Akaashi eyed you for a moment, wanting to say something to you.
He also knew that you were trying to graduate early, and knew the amounts of work you were putting in.
Sometimes, before his practice, he would walk past the library and see you in there, laptop lit up in front of you.
And when he was done practice, you'd still be there, tying away with mountains of books on the table.
The whole thing made him feel uneasy. He would never put himself through something like that.

"So? I heard you guys will be at a training camp this summer, that seems like fun..and tiring.."

"It will be a good experience, Bokuto-san is pretty excited."

"I know..he was the one who told me." You smiled.

Akaashi hummed. Noticing the distant look in your eyes and the way you held your smile.
"I know it's none of my business but..Why do you look so distant lately?"

You were taking aback from his question.
Clearing your throat you stuffed away your lunch.
"I'm gonna go get a strawberry milk..Want one?"

He shook his head.

"Kay.." You said before walking out of the classroom.

I'm tired is all Akaashi..Is it a crime to be tired?