Good Game

Arriving at Fukurodani, you noticed just how big the school was.
With all the student gone for the weekend, you found it quite quiet.

"Nice school." You heard Suna say under his breath. "But ours is better."

You chuckled at that, making him realize that you heard the whole thing.
He smiled at that.

"Okay! Akaashi! Help me with the net!" Bokuto smiled as he unlocked the gym and ran inside with a skip in his step.
He seemed way too excited even for you, but there was another thing...you have never even seen him play before and from hat you've heard around the school, he's a pretty good player.

But then you also remembered that Suna is known for his blocks and felt a little relieved.
But you were still nervous..you knew for a fact that you wouldn't be spiking, which also left you with setting up the ball for Suna...You weren't ready for that..

"Stretch." Suna said as he stretched out his arms, getting ready for this quick set.

"Uh..Okay.." You said, following his lead.

He smirked. "What? don't tell me that you've never stretched before?"

You rolled your eyes. "I mean not recently.."

"By that you mean a few years? Do you even stretched during gym?"

"Way to call someone out man.." You grumbled, but that only made Suna laugh.

"Okay so L/n, do you know how a two on two goes?" Akaashi asked as he walked up to you and Suna with a ball.

"Uh..No, but I think I've watched the Inarizaki boys enough to have an idea."

"Please you didn't watch at all.."

You nudged the middle blocker and rolled your eyes, taking your spot on the court.
"Let's just get started huh?"

The three boy's agreed and got ready.

Bokuto and Akaashi were the ones to have the ball first, making it so you and Suna were to receive.

"You sure you're ready?" Suna winked.

"Oh let's just get a point bendy boy."

And just like that, the ball was sent your way, and before you could get under it, Suna had received it into the air.

"Y/n get under it!"

You nodded and tried to picture Atsumu.
What would his form look like? Where would his feet be positioned?
You tried picturing him.

The ball was coming down to you fast, and you lifted your arms up and jumped, setting the ball a it too high for Suna.

Bokuto and Akaashi both jumped to block, but this was Suna we were talking about.
The boy had bent his upper body and put all he could into his spike.
Coming in contact with it just enough.

"That was good Y/n, But it was also a bit high.."

You waved your hand to him. "Yeah, yeah I know..I'll get it right soon."

"I think it was a good set." Akaashi spoke up, making you smile slightly to him.

Suna noticed this and smiled to himself.
His plan was working just like he thought it would.

The one set game continued.
You tried to help Suna block, but of course he was enter than you and usually did all the blocking.
You didn't understand why this was a thing.Playing this game..You weren't good, so why do this and embarrass yourself.

But as you kept trying to set to Suna, he would always tell you how to improve or praise you for a one in ten perfect set.

You were tried, and he was right, your lungs were tight and you were sweating, you didn't like it of course, but knew that Suna was enjoying himself, as well as Bokuto and Akaashi, so you didn't complain vocally to them.

It was sudden, but the ball came flying your way once again, and Suna wasn't fast enough to get the first touch, so you had no choice but to receive.
You sent the ball high into the air, noticing that Suna was fast to get under it.

"Y/n! Get ready to spike!"

"What now!" You said.

"Bring it L/n!"Bokuto smiled.

You felt your heart race, knowing that this was gonna go poorly but also didn't want to look like an idiot and not go for the ball.
You threw your arm back to get a maximum jump.

I'm not ready for this!

The ball was set, just above the net and right in front of you.
You tried to remember what Osamu looked like when he spiked, what he would do with a set like this.
You then also remembers how he would tease his brother about his set, not really praising him, but in his own any he was.
You got a flashback of his form, high in the air, ready to get a point for his team.

It was time now.

Bokuto and Akaashi were ready to block you, making you feel anxious, but also determined.

The ball came in contact with your hand, feeling the pressure, you slammed it as hard as your could in an opening between the two boys bodies.
It was a tiny spot, but you also didn't know how to do a cross shot, so this would have to do.

The ball left your hand with much force.
You thought for sure that they would block it easy, closing your eyes not wanting to see what would happen.
But when the sound of the ball hit the floor you opened your eyes.

Your mouth dropped as you realized that the ball was laying on the other side, a slight mark on the floor.

You felt shocked, but also pretty proud of yourself.

"L/n! That was amazing!" Bokuto gleamed.

You looked over to Suna, to see him smiling at you, a proud look on his face.
"I see the twins taught you well."

I..did it?

You threw a fist into the air.
"Hell yeah!"

"That was the winning point, you win L/n-san."

You looked to Akaashi.
"You were actually keeping track?"

He nodded with a small hum.

You put your hands on your hips, smiling to the two boys.
"I guess that was kind of fun."

"See! Did you feel the rush? The amazing feeling of getting that point!" Bokuto cheered, well a bit too loud, making you cringe your face at the echo.

"We should clean up before we get into trouble." Akaashi spoke up, taking the lead on retrieving the loose volleyballs.

You looked to Suna.
"What? Why are you staring at me?"

He hummed.
"You looked like Osamu just now."

Your froze in your place, feeling your face heat up a bit.
You bit the bottom of your lip.
"Let's help clean up cheesy boy."

I think she'll be fine after all..Here in Tokyo I mean.
Suna thought to himself.