Fukurodani

Today was your first day at your new school.
Fukurodani.

You passed the entrance exams with flying colours and you were able to start as soon as Monday.

You've been living with your aunt for a week today, and to your surprise, your cousin had actually been keeping her mouth shut, and giving you space. You don't know what your unit told her but you were glad she did.

The uniforms were a bit similar to Inarizaki's but the colours were obviously different.
You woke up early by habit..you've been doing that all week, but this was also a time you could call the twins or Suna before their morning practice.

Even though you were hours away from them, You still felt connected. Which was good, you were scared that you'd lose all contact with them, but it was the opposite.

"Good morning~~" Atsumu cooed.

"Morning.."

"You excited for your first day?"

You sighed as you stared at yourself in the mirror.
"Not really.."

"Hey! Did you know that Fukurodani has a pretty good volleyball team? I mean we're better but-"

"Yeah my cousin has kept me in the loop...But I don't care, not like I'll be joining the damn team."

"No..but what about a spy? For us I mean." You could picture the smirk on your best friends face.

"That's not gonna happen 'Tsumu.."

"Come on."

"No."

"You're no fun Y/n."

You smiled. "I know..But hey I'm gonna let you go, it seems like Kata is getting ready to leave and I don't wanna find this school on my own.."

"Okay Y/n! Call at lunch?"

"Sure..Bye loser."

"Ouch-" You smiled as you hug up on him.

You walked out of your room and down the hall where you thought you heard Kata walk.
You looked around for her, feeling yourself getting confused.

"Oh Y/n? Why didn't you go with Kata? She just left." Your aunt said as she came into view with a coffee mug, glued to her hands.

Your face deadpanned. "She didn't tell me she was leaving.."

Your aunt sighed. "Give me a minute and I can take you-"

Your shook your head, throwing your backpack over your shoulder. "Don't worry about it..I'm sure I'll catch up with her."

Your aunt smiled. "Have a good day, oh and..The smoking? Don't do it on campus...Try and take a walk elsewhere okay?"

You nodded. Walking out the front door.

You took a look around only to not find your cousin anywhere.
"What did she just vanish in thin air or something?" You sighed, throwing your hands up in the air.
In defeat you pulled out your phone in hopes to navigate your way to school.
Your aunt told you that you were probably about a fifteen minute walk from the house, so in away you were glad you were leaving early...But why did Kata leave too?

Sighing in frustration you looked around, hoping to see at least someone else with the same school uniform walking towards a direction, to which you could follow.

But again, it was pretty early and no one was around.

"Dammit.." You sighed.
You were about to turn back home and take that offer from your aunt, when you almost walked into someone.

"I'm sorry! Didn't see ya there.."
You looked up and met eyes with a raven haired boy. You couldn't help but notice that he was wearing the same school colours as you.
"Hey you go to Fukurodani?"

The boy raised an eyebrow. "Yeah..I can see you do as well.." He said in a monotone voice, pointing to your uniform.

You sighed. "Do you think that you could show me the way there? My cousin was supposed to show me but somehow vanished from existence."

The boy nodded. "Sure, It's not that far."
You gave him a closed mouth smile as you let him lead the way.

"Today Is your first day huh?" He spoke, shoving his hand in his pockets.

You nodded. "Sadly."

"Why so late? I mean school started a little over two months ago?"

"It's long story my friend."

"Friend?" He raised an eyebrow, making you roll your eyes.

"Just a saying..."

"You have an accent..Where you from?"

You widened your eyes. "I didn't even notice I had an accent but...Hyogo prefecture."

"Did you go to Inarizaki by chance?"

"I did yes."

"What year are you in?"

"Second..hey you got a lot of questions for someone you just met." You smirked. "And I don't even know your name.."

The boy sighed. "Just trying to make conversation so the walk wouldn't be silent and awkward..and my name is Akaashi."

"Well...Akaashi..I'm L/n, and My turn to ask something..you play volleyball don't you?"

The boy who you learned was Akaashi, flinched. "H-How do you know?"

You smirked. "The way you said if I went to Inarizaki, and from what I remember, that school wasn't known for it's track and field.."

"So you know the twins then?"

"Apparently so do you, but yeah, they're my best friends...you ever played them before?"

The boy shook his head. "Never got the chance to last year."

"Last year? You also in second year?"

He nodded. "Observant of you."

You shrugged as you reached into your pocket and pulled out a pack of smokes, mentally thanking your aunt for buying you a brand new pack.
The boy eyed you as you took your first drag.
You blew out the smoke out the side of your mouth, making sure it didn't go towards Akaashi.

"What?"

"Didn't take you for a smoker..you know it's bad for you."

"Yeah..you're not the first to tell me that, and probably won't be the last..but here's the thing Akaashi-san..I don't really care." You winked.

The boy nodded, looking forward again.

Taking another drag, you thought what it was gonna be like at this new school..and if what your aunt said was really true.
It was completely possible to graduate a year early.