Much Needed Time

"Mom that's too much spice! Are you trying to give me heart burn?" You smiled as you took the many spiced your mom was trying to add to the already spicy curry.

"Please, You're too young to have heart burn."

"I beg to differ mom."

You both shared a laugh as you watched the pot on the stove start to boil.

Your aunt and cousin had let not too long after you shared that moment with your mom on the couch.
You were thrilled that Kata was leaving since you can't stand her presence, but as for your aunt, you wished that she would've stayed a bit longer. You don't really get to see her too much after she moved to Tokyo.

"So Ma, I have to ask."

"About your father?" She said with soft eyes.

You nodded. "Are you guys splitting up?"

You mother took in a deep breath. "No. We just needed some time is all. I called him earlier before I left Tokyo, He said that he'll be home tomorrow."

You smiled. "If someone told me that manifesting didn't exist, I'd laugh in their face."

"Manifesting?" You mother asked with a confused look.

"Look it up...But mom? I'm glad to have you and dad back."

You mother smiled as she gave you a pat on the shoulder. "I guess I did some self reflecting and needless to say, My eyes were open Y/n."

"Good." You smiled to her. You were about to say something else but your words were stopped when you heard a knock at the door.
"I'll go get it. Don't add anymore spice mom!"

Your mother put her hands up in the air. "Hey! I just thought it needed a bit more!"

You rolled your eyes as you walked to the door.
You opened it to see Suna standing there, his eyes on the ground.

"And you're here why?" You said, crossing your arms and leaning against the door frame.

"You forget this." He said, handing you your backpack that you figured you left in your classroom.

"Ah..Right, thanks." You took the bag from him. "You could of just asked one of the twins. They live right next-"

"I wanted to bring it."

"Oh? Miss me already?"

Suna smirked."You seem to be in a better mood."

You rolled your eyes. "I actually have something to be happy about."

Suna hummed. "Can we talk?"

You looked down to the ground, pondering if you wanted to or not.
In the end, you placed your bag down on the floor in the house and walked out the front door, closing it behind you.
"Okay, let's talk I guess."

The two of you took a seat on the front steps, you on the right and Suna on the left.
You looked up to the sky.
"Ya know? It was so nice out today, now there's a big cloud covering the sunlight."

"You're gonna talk about the weather again?"

You chuckled. "I guess so? Suna..why did you really come here?"

Suna took in a deep breath. "I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. You left a completely different person and I guess-"

"Awe you care about me? But there's no feeling involved right?" You stabbed at him.

Suna looked down to the ground, twirling his phone in his hands.
"I'm sorry Y/n."

"If you came here to tell me that you actually figured out that you don't have feelings for me, then you can just leave. Earlier today when you stayed silent after I asked how you really felt, that was all the rejection I needed, I don't wanna hear the actual words."

Suna hummed. "Okay...How about this then? I don't want you out of my life."

You felt your cheeks heat up slightly. "You really think that's a good idea Suna?"

"No, But I want it."

"It's about time you figured out something that you wanted." You chuckled.

"As you said many times before, feelings suck."

You smirked."Brilliant words from a brilliant person."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Now what?" You said leaning back slighting, having both your arms stretched out behind you to balance.

"Your cousin, what's her deal?"

"Why the sudden interest?"

"Well you said one thing about having to see her when you got home or something, then it got me thinking I guess."

You took in a deep breath and sighed. "She's a bitch and she knows I hate her."

"Is there a reason why you hate her?"

You nodded. "Long story short, because I don't really wanna talk about her, but I like you so?..." You paused. "She was always one to point out flaws. The first to jam you with an insult when it was presented. She'd take everything I had or get her mom to buy her something worth more then what I had."

"Like toys?"

"Yeah. When we were kids, and this was just before I met the twins. My aunt and her lived with my family. My aunt had just lost her job and since the father isn't in the picture, we helped them out. When it was time to enrol in middle school, Kata joined me, that's when I met the twins. But her seeing how fast I made friend, made her jealous and she tried to steal them away. But Atsumu caught on and called her out on it."

"As he would." Suna smiled.

You hummed. "Anyways, needless to say, we've always been at each others throats. I got tired of her trying to push me around, bringing me down and straight up bullying me, so I started to talk back to her and well..her little ego didn't like that very much. So now we're here. A rivalry between two cousins."

"Sounds dramatic."

"It is. But I don't play her game anymore, I just tell her how it is and move on, I'm tired to the drama."

"Don't blame you." Suna said, shifting in his spot.
"She added me on social media, tired to talk to me."

"And?"

"I ignored you, purposely left her on read."

You smirked. "And that'some of the reasons why I like you, were kinda similar."

Suna remained silent, his cheeks slighting turning red.

You smirked. "Just because you rejected me, doesn't mean I can just get over my feelings Suna. I like to tease, and youre just gonna have to deal with it since you want me in your life." You mimicked his voice from earlier.

Suna sighed. "I wouldn't want it any other way."