The Cousin Kata

"Nice kill!"

"'Samu!"

"'Tsumu!"

"You're so cool Osamu!"

"Man..what do they see in them? They literally do the same thing every practice.." You said to yourself as you sat in the stands watching the boys practice.

It was gloomy day for you.
Your parent never did come home last night and you've been hesitant with calling them.
You still felt happy with the gift from Osamu and even packed the leftovers for lunch today.

You didn't get much sleep as you weren't used to having the whole house to yourself, but you also made a note hat maybe your parents were trying to work something out and took a small vacation.
They were always talking about taking a vacation with each other before your brothers passing.

You also grew sick to your stomach when you looked at your phone.
There was only two weeks left before the year anniversary for your little brother.
Thankfully it was on a Sunday so you didn't have to miss school, although you knew that you'd probably ditch Monday's classes.

There was also something else that didn't sit well with you.
The school dance.

It was this weekend.

Gross.

You knew that Atsumu was excited to go, which also meant that you'd have go shopping with him because he's gonna want to match outfits with you.

You didn't despise wearing dresses since you were used to wearing a skirt for school, but you just didn't like dressing up.
Getting all dolled up for a dance didn't make you excited in the slightest. Although you were excited for one thing.

Suna.

What Suna said last night at the store made you think that maybe there was a chance of him liking you, but you also assumed he was talking about someone else, and that made your head hurt.

"Y/n! Heads up!" You heard Ojiro yell.

You snapped out of your trace and caught the flying ball that as about to smack you right in the face.
You held it for a moment, stunned at what just happened but also feeling a bit proud of your fast reflexes.

"Nice catch Y/n!" Atsumu yelled with a smile.

You smiled back and held the ball with one hand.
"That was pretty good huh?" You then threw the ball back down to the boys. The ball landed right in Atsumu's hands.

"Nice throw too!" He winked.

"Guess you're not the only one on your game today 'Tsumu!" You winked back.
You chuckled to yourself when you noticed a slight blush form on his face, finding it cute in a friend kind of way.
You knew that he liked being praised for volleyball and when it came from you, he knew that you'd mean it. You never once ever lied to him.

You ended up finishing your homework and the boy's were spending a few more minutes than usual with practice.
You took this moment to go outside for a smoke.

Walking out the gym doors, you noticed that the sun was starting to set and it made everything light up a dull yellow and orange. Smiling, you pulled out a smoke to light it up but stopped dead in your tracks when you noticed a familiar figure walking towards you.

The fuck is she doing here?

You gripped your smokes tight in your hand, not really knowing why. You approached the girl.

"Kata.."

"Awe Y/n! Long time no see! I missed you!" She cooed in the most snarky tone ever. Her tone was ten times worse than the fan girls you encounter every day.
you instantly cringed.

"What are you doing here?" You said, stopping right in front of her with your arms now crossed.

"Mom and I are in town, thought I'd find you here since you always are glued to those twin's sides."

"Visiting huh?" You said eyeing her.

Your cousin smiled. "Sure. Didn't you know that your mom is coming to say with us for while? Finally leaving your dad."

You felt your jaw clench. "What did you just say?"

"Oh.." She pouted. "Guess you didn't know. Oh well surprise!" She chimed sarcastically.

"What's she doing here?" You heard Osamu's voice behind you.
You didn't even bother turning around, you could feel the presence for three people, groaning internally seeing Suna come up beside you.

"Osamu cutie! Oh and Atsumu baby! Good to see you boys..but hey..Who is this mysterious man?" Kata said as she looked to Suna.

You took an unconscious step in front of Suna.
"Someone who doesn't concern you."

Kata pouted. She was always doing that when she didn't get her own way.
"How shameful Y/n. Keeping these cute boys to yourself, I must say. I knew you slept around but this..Oh this is bold."

You clicked your tongue.

"Shut yer trap!" Atsumu said as he came to your other side. "Is this how you talk to all your family Kata?"

"Nope. Just her." She smiled, making your blood boil more.

Suna eyed the twins and you. Questioning who this girl was and why there was so much tension. The mention of family gave him the assumption that you were related to this snippy girl.

"Why are you here?"Oasmu asked.

"Oh Osamu, how I missed that sweet sound of your voice!"

Oamsu started at the girl coldly. Not acknowledging her words.

Kata puffed out her cheeks when she didn't get a response that she wanted from him.
"I was just coming to see my favourite cousin-"

"I'm your only cousin.." You said, cutting her off.

She winked to you. "Also my mom and I were visiting..Y/n? Care to tell them why?"

The twins both looked to you.
You clenched your jaw.
"Mom's going with them..leaving my dad I guess."

They both looked to each other and back to Kata.
You could feel Suna's curious stare, burning into the side of your head.

"You're lying." Atsumu said.

Kata smirked. "I wish I was. But I'm not." She then looked to you. "You're mom is leaving tonight with us, better go home soon and say your goodbyes."

"Then let's go."

"Oh not me, I wanna stay and catch up with Oamsu, also I wanna get to know this cutie." She said, putting her hand on Suna's arm.
You reacted unconsciously again, swatting her hand away from him.
"Don't touch him."

"Oh I'm sorry? Is he your boyfriend?"

"No-"

"I am." Atsumu spoke up.

You perused your lips together, not really knowing where to go from here.

"Oh?" Kata smiled. "Then a little flirting won't hurt right?"

"It will hurt that ego of yours when I say that I'm not interested in what you have to say." Suna said in a cold tone.

"Ouch..I don't even get a name?" Kata said, pretending she was offended.

"In your dreams." Suna said.

Kata winked. "Can't wait."

"Okay time to go!" You said grabbing your cousins arm and dragging her away from the boys.

'Such a rush Y/n.."

"Shut up." You snapped back.

"Missed you too cuz." Kata smiled, letting your drag her away from your friends.