Bad News

You didn't care that you were ripping off your cousin's wrist.
You were gonna drag her all the home no matter the fight.

"Ya know, It's rude to leave friends like that.." Kata cooed.

"Shut it."

"Um? How about no. Now tell me. Who was that good looking man?"

"I already told you. No one of your concern."

Kata hummed. "Ya know? He reminds me of you. The snippiness and that emotionless face of yours. I'm surprised that he's not your boyfriend and Atsumu, who might I add, is the complete opposite of youuu."

You rolled your eyes as your grip got tighter on her wrist.

"Ouch y/n. Loosen up would ya?"

"We're home, go in."

"W-what? Why so push..Ohh." He smirked as she looked over her shoulder. "We're they following us?"

You turned to see the twins and Suna walking up the sidewalk. You groaned internally, wishing that they at least waited a few minutes before heading home.

Wait a minute? Why is Suna with them?

"Let's say hi again." Your cousin smiled as she tried to pry your fingers from her wrist.

"Fat change, get in the house." You said, breaking eye contact with the boys and shoving Kata into your house.

"I get it jeez." She said as she held her hand in pain, now that you finally let her go.

"Oh Y/n, How are you hun?"

"Oh hey aunt Mayu. Uh okay I guess. You?"

Your aunt smiled. "I'm okay as well."

Aunt Mayu. The complete opposite of your cousin.
She was the younger sister to your mom and has always been sweet to you.
She ever missed a birthday wish, or any celebration.
She always had this smile on her face that would make you feel happier. A smile that was very good at hiding pain.

Mayu had your cousin Kata just a year after your mom had you.
But the father skipped town the minute he found out your aunt was pregnant. Leaving to raise Kata all on her own.
To this day, she still hasn't gone on a real date.

You admired her way of looking at life. To live with no hatred or anger. To just smile and not let anything be taken personally.
She was also the complete opposite of your mother. Her older sister.
There were days when you wondered if Mayu was your mom, how things would turn out?

"Where's mom?" You said taking a quick look around.

You aunt came over to you and to your surprise, pulled you into a hug.
"She didn't tell you did she?"

"Kata told me." You said, clenching your jaw.

Your aunt let you go and gave you and empathetic look. "It's not permanent..only a couple days to clear her head..Although I told her it was a bad idea-"

"I'm ready to go-" Your mother said as she walked down the stairs with two suit cases in her hands. She locked eyes with you and her face went pale."Y-Y/n.."

Your balled your fists and stuffed them into your jacket.
"When were you planning on telling me mom? On the drive to Tokyo? Or maybe never?"

Your mother stayed silent.

"Sis..She deserves to know."

You looked out your aunt with a confused expression. You were glad that someone part of your family was finally on your side.

"I-I was gonna call-"

"Call?" You said with a shaky voice.

Your mother nodded.

Your aunt clicked her tongue in annoyance and turned away.
"I can't watch this..Look sis? I don't agree with what you're doing. She's your child." Was the last thing she said before going to walk outside.
She had stopped just beside you and shoved her hand into your jacket pocket.
You could feel a square box being placed in your hand and only assumed it was a pack of smokes.
You smiled to yourself.
"I know quitting is hard hun, so only do it when you're ready." She whispered into your ear, opening the front door.

"Bye Bye Y/n-"

"Kata..Not today okay? You've said enough today, now get into the car."

Your cousin puffed out her cheeks but did what her mother told you. Leaving you and your mother alone.

"M-mom?"

Your mother avoided eye content but hummed to let you know she was listening.

"I-I don't know why you're doing this..I just hope it's not because of me..I-I know you hate me-"

"I don't hate you."

"It sure doesn't seem like it..Hell I come home and everyone avoids eye contact with me! You look at me like I'm the one who killed him!"

"You were supposed to be watching him.." She mumbled.

"It wasn't my fault-" You squinted your eyes tight as tears filled your eyes. "It just happened. It could've happened any day and it just happened to be the day You and dad were at work.."

Your mother finally looked into your eyes.
You winched as you saw nothing but emptiness.
"I'll only be gone for a couple weeks. Your aunt and I are gonna spend some much needed sister time.."

"Bull."

"What?" She said.

"Where's dad?"

"He's at his brothers..we went there last night to talk about some things.."

"You gonna get a divorce?"

"No." She answered quickly, picking up her bag again and walked towards the door.

"So I'm gonna be here alone?"

"For now. You're an adult now, you can handle yourself."

"I'm sixteen." Your whispered, making your mother cringe. But she kept her eyes forward as she started towards your aunt's car.

You followed out your mom in a hurry.
"Ya know? I'm your last child left! You better get that head out of your ass before you lose me completely! I can only take so much mother!!"

Your mother stopped in her tracks and turned to you with tears in her eyes.
"You are to blame." Was all she said before throwing her bags in the back of your aunts car and getting in.

You looked to your aunt who just gave you a soft nod and a small smile.

You watched as the car drove off, letting the warm tears flow down your face.

You looked off to your side and finally noticed Atsumu, Osamu and Suna, standing outside in the yard next to yours.

You quickly wiped the tears away and clicked your tongue.
You went to say something but hesitated.

"Y/n.."Atsumu's voice echoed through your ears.

"Not now Miya." You said before walking back into your house and locking the door.

"Y/n!!" Atsumu said as he jumped the little fence, separating his home and yours. He went to open the door but found it already locked.
He stated banging n the door, but you didn't open it.
Instead you fell to the floor and leaned your back against the door, letting the vibrations of your best friend's banging, flow down your spine.

"Y/n please!" He said.

"'Tsumu. She's not gonna answer the door." You ears Suna's voice say, making your heart waver and fill you with even more sadness.

She's right..I should of stayed with him..I should've been watching him the whole time..Maybe this is my fault..

You put your head in your arms and stared into nothing.
You listened to the footsteps leave your front door, waiting till they were inaudible before letting the tears fully pour out.