Save A Dance?

You stared at yourself in the mirror, looking at the dress you bought just yesterday to wear to the school dance.
You fixed your hair the way you liked and decided against any farther grooming as you didn't want to put that much effort in.
Besides? Who were you trying to impress?

Suna?

No you didn't care to swoon him with looks, If he did like you, like Atsumu said he did, then he'd like you for you.

You scrunched up your nose as you started to zone out staring at yourself. The more you stared, the more you reminded yourself of your mother.

You stepped out of your room with your jacket and make sure that a full pack of smokes were in there, ready for when you 'needed air.'

You stopped just in front of  a certain door.
The very door you walk past every morning and the door you pass every night.
The door..the room, that hasn't had anyone occupy it in almost a year.

Your brother's.

You stared at the door handle, pondering if you really wanted to walk in there.

Being home alone, has resurfaced old memories and feelings you had when your bother first left this cruel world.
You didn't know it at the time but he was the glue to your family.
He was always smiling and trying to make everyone laugh around him. Even through the pain he was in, he was always smiling.

Feeling an empty feeling in your gut, you decided to walk away, and to meet the twins outside before they think that you decided to ditch them.

You didn't realize, but you were clenching your fists hard in your jacket pockets.
It wasn't until you felt a knuckle go numb when you realized.
You tried to relax but with the whole thing with your family, to old feelings arising, and now this school dance.

You knew that everyone would know that you and Atsumu were over, and you didn't really feel like dealing with all the stares or even being questioned.
You just wanted this night to be over.

You waited outside for the two boys while having a smoke.
You smiled as they approached you.

"Would ya look at that! The Miya's can clean up nicely."

"Come on Y/n, not like you haven't seen this before." Atsumu smiled as he did a quick spin to show off his look.

You shook your head at the confident goofball.

"Ready to go dance my boys?"

"Born ready!" Atsumu smiled as he started to lead the way.

"So..Are you and 'Tsumu gonna keep up the act tonight, or you gonna let the whole school know that you both aren't together?"

You hummed, taking a long drag form your cigarette. "We're done, and if they want to get all up in our business, then hell with em."

Oasmu smiled. "There's the Y/n I know."

****

Arriving to the school, you could see the overwhelming amount of people outside waiting to get in.
Since the dance was open to all students, this was the most you've seen the entire school gathered together, other than lunch. But even then, they all usually kept to their spaces and cliques.

You clicked your tongue.
"How does it feel to know that they're using you gym?"

"Kita's probably gonna come early tomorrow to mop the floors." Oasmu said as he shoved his hands into his pants pockets.

"But? Won't they do that after the dance?"

Atsumu shook his head. "You don't know Kita, he'll probably do it so it feels like how it used to.."

You hummed. "You think he's here?"

"Doubt it." Atsumu said.

You nodded but didn't question any farther.
"I'll meet you guys in there."

"Smoke?"

"Yeah."

"Don't smoke the whole pack tonight." Atsumu teased.

You winked. "No promises."

And with that, you left the twin's side.
You went for the exact spot you knew no one would be. The one spot where you always felt like you could unwind when at school, and right now, you needed it more than ever.

"Come on Y/n, get your head out of your ass! This is just a dance and they're just obsessive girls..The stares will be no different than before.." You took a deep breath. "Stop feeling dammit!"

"What's got you cursing?"

You jumped at his voice.
Taking your hand and putting it onto your heart, you smiled.
"You would make a great assassin.."

Suna smirked, eyeing you up and down.

You smirked back. "Like what you see?"

"What were you cursing yourself out about?" He said with a calm voice, ignoring what you just said, moments ago.

Your smirked faded as you started to bit the bottom of your lip.
"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"I would." He said in all seriousness.

You nodded, knowing that he wouldn't budge if you didn't tell him. Because trying to change the conversation was clearly not working.
"Waiting for me Suna?"

He shook his head as he showed you a cigarette in his hand."I can't lie. This is the perfect spot."

You smiled, taking one out for yourself as you walked closer to him.
"Wanna know a secret?"

Suna hummed as he took a drag from his smoke.

"I'm no single..well officially to others now."

Suna raised an eyebrow. "Officially to others now?"

"You're not gonna ask if I'm okay from a breakup?"

Suna eyed you. "I know you're strong, you can handle it."

You felt a ping in your heart as he said 'You're strong.'
You looked away form him, but playing it off like you didn't want to blow smoke in his face.

"ButI knew it."

"Sorry?"

"I knew you and Atsumu weren't actually dating, it was all an act right?"

You felt cornered for a moment before realizing what you said before. Officially to others.
You smacked your lips together and turned to him.
"Observant much?"

"Obvious much?" He shot back.

"Okay, touché."

Suna smirked as he put out his smoke on the ground.
"Well, I'm gonna go in now."

"Have fun. The twins should be in there already, but I'd be careful, I'm sure there will be a lot of girls trying to get a dance with them."

"Makes sense."

You smiled. "Hey? Save a dance for me?"