Dances Suck

Near the end of the night you found a way to get away form the scene and go out for some fresh air.
Taking a deep breath of the night air in Hyogo.

You decided to go toy our spot where you knew no one would bother you. Well except maybe Suna. But you highly doubted it since he hasn't said a word to you since sharing a dance with him.

You hated that he was ignoring you, but you also didn't punch as you knew that he was probably embarrassed and just wanted to chill. Not have to talk about what happened, or play it off like it never did happen.

The girl that you didn't care to know the name of, also ignored you.
She stopped with the stares and the looks of hatred, which made you feel as if you knew you had won.

You stared into the night sky, admiring all the stars in the sky. Trying to find any constellations as you have a much needed smoke.

You felt more relaxed the more you stayed outside. You even considered just stying right where you are, but knew that the twins would probably spam your phone, and that would just be annoying.

There was a reason why you didn't have very many friends.
First of all, you were always a lone wolf. feeling like you didn't belong, or annoyed by certain people that it blinded you from the good ones.
You became friends with the Miya twins when your family moved right next door to them.
It was about the time the three of you were starting middle school.

Atsumu was the first to introduce himself, keeping his brother away from you as long as he could, but that obviously didn't work out so well.
That was the first time you really made any real, and true friends.

You've also have a lot of trust issues when it comes to personal things.
Sure you'd open up sometimes, but never what you were really feeling.

Your bother above all, was your best friend.
He was always there for you when you needed him, even though you were the older sibling.
But he was there and you made sure that you were there.

Losing him was the hardest ting you have ever let your heart go through.
It took a huge toll on you, and not to mention that the fact your parent blamed his death all on you.
You locked yourself in your room, not coming out till a whole week had passed.
Except to use the bathroom of course.

You never were the same after that day, and the twins can testify to that.
If you were to ask Atsumu, he'd say that you became more closed off, more defensive. You'd always try and turn the subject onto something that didn't involve you talking about feelings. And..the topic of your bother was a no go.

And yet, both twins stayed by your side no matter what.

"I hate drama.." You sighed to yourself as you finished off the cigarette you felt like you had just lit up.

Deciding to just stay outside a bit longer, you felt a presence next to you.
You looked over to see Oamsu standing with his hands in his pants pockets.

"How did you find me?"

"Asked Suna. He told me this is probably where you ran off to.."

You chuckled. "Now you know my favourite spot."

"I can see why, it's secluded and no one can come bother you."

"Exactly."

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you."

You shook your head. "You can never be a bother to me "Samu."

He smiled.
"You looked a little off after that whole dance with Suna thing?"

You sighed, decided to take another cigarette out.
"I'm good. Just hate drama."

"That makes two of us. But it was good to not run away. You were brave to look at her in the face and do the opposite of what she wanted."

"Clearly she doesn't know me that well."

"That she does not." He said, looking away form you and up into the stars.
"It's next week isn't it?"

You felt a ping in your heart. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Osamu hummed with a small closed mouth smile. "If you want, 'Tsumu and I can tag along, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be alone at a time like that."

You took a long drag from your smoke, stalling.
He was right. A week for today would be the one year anniversary of your brothers passing, and you were just trying your best to forget it.
But you can never really forget something that impactful.

"Thanks, but I'll be okay. It's something I have to do on my own."

"Understandable."

The two of you stood there in silence before you finally spoke.
"Which lucky girl won the bet?"

"You knew about that huh?"

"I mean it wasn't heard to guess something like would happen. People are obsessed."

Osamu nodded. "You're not wrong, but no one for me. I didn't dance with anyone. But Atsumu did."

"He did? And why doesn't that surprise me?"

"It shouldn't, but with who should. Remember that girl you were nice to? Like the first girl you were nice to?"

You held your heart as you pretended to be hurt."Ouch..But like..you're not wrong..an her name was Kumi...it was her who got to dance with him?"

"And the best part was that he asked her."

Your mouth fell open. "Remind me to give her a pat on he back later. Good for her."

Osamu smile. "They seemed like they were having fun."

You nodded slowly. "It's good to know that he still has game. I was afraid that he'd be a reck after our 'breakup."

"He's good. Honestly I think it was for the best to call off that whole pretending to be together thing. Now you both can be free and go after the ones you actually want."

You looked down at your hands, watching your smoke burn away little by little.
"I don't think I'll be in a relationship anytime soon 'Samu."

"I'm guessing that whole dance thing didn't go well with Suna?"

You smiled. "He's been ignoring me. You know? I bet he sent you here to check on me so he wouldn't have to actually talk to me."

Osmau's eyes widened. "How did you know-"

You started to laugh. "I'm a good reader on people my friend. But when you do go back to him, and he asks you how I am. Tell him that I don't play games, and come talk to me himself. Also, I'm gonna head home."