Return

Suna reminded silent at your question.
"How do you really feel about me?"

You bit the bottom of your lip while nodding.
"That's all I needed to know, I'll be taking my leave now, oh and tell the twins that you did your best to walk me home but I refused. I don't want them being mad at you."

And with that, you turned on your heels and walked away from Suna, leaving him alone under the shaded tree that you just broke down under, not more than five minutes ago.

The walk home was nice like you said. The slight wind blowing against your cheeks, or the smell of the cherry blossom trees invading your nose. It was calming, but what ruined your mood was knowing what was coming home after you were supposed to be done school.

As you got closer to your house, you noticed the familiar car that was your aunts.
You checked the time on your phone and knew that Kumi should still be in school, but you also knew how she was and probably begged to come.
Oh how she loved to see you in pain for absolutely no reason at all.

You felt your heart race as you went to open your front door.
You locked eyes with your cousin who was sitting in a near by chair.

"Uh oh, someone is skipping school."

"Says you Kata."

"Oh Y/n, I actually just got off the phone with your principal, why are you home so early hun?" Your aunt asked as she came into your line of sight.

You shrugged. "Needed a mental health day I guess."

"Obviously, look at her eyes, she was crying."Kata teased.

"Kata. Not now." Your aunt said.

"What I'm just saying, she's been crying over god knows what." She looked to you. "Let me guess, Atsumu dumped you?"

"Atsumu? The Miya boy that lives next door?"

You nodded. "We weren't actually dating Kata. It was fake so whores like you would stop flirting with him all the time."

"Ooookay. Kata go wait outside."

"What! But I wasn't the one who swore!"

"What did I just ask you?"

"Ugh fine!" Your cousin huffed as she passed you get outside the door, making sure she brushed her shoulder with yours, giving you a slight push.

You waited for the door to close. "Is mom here?"

"She's taking a shower."

You felt a ping in your heart. "If shes home does that mean-"

"Yes honey. She's saying here. She's coming home Y/n."

You shoved your hand into your pockets and started to twirl the lighter you had, around your fingers.
"I see. That's good."

"You wanna talk about something?"

You tried to give your aunt a smile."Not really."

"Ya know, sometimes I wonder if you are really my child. There's so much about you that just screams me."

You chuckled at that."There were some days when I wished you were my mom..."

"I know hun...This Sunday will mark one year, yeah?"

"Yep." You said popping the 'p'.

"You're so strong Y/n."

"You are too, I mean he was your nephew."

Your aunt shook her head. "But you were more close to him then I ever was."

You hummed. "I guess so."

"Your mom should be down any minute. Do you want me to stay while you two talk?"

"She wants to talk to me?"

"More than anything Y/n."

You hummed. Finally taking your bag off your shoes and walking more into the house.

You took a seat in the living room, feeling your phone blow up in your left side pocket. You knew that it was the twins who were spamming you.

"Y/n?" Your mothers voice chimed through your ears.
You flinch slightly as she came into view.

"Hi mom."

"What are you doing home so early?"

"I needed a mental health day."

"I-I see..I was gonna surprise you with dinner but I guess now we can make it together, ya know? Like we used to."

You shook your head. "Why are you acting like nothing happened this passed year? Last week you couldn't even say I love you to me and now you want to make dinner with me 'just like we used to"?"

"I know I've hurt you this past year-"

"More than you could ever realize mom. I get it..you lost your youngest child, but when I needed you, you weren't there."

"I know-"

"You blamed everything on me. You and Dad! Like I could've prevented his death."

"I kno-"

"You fought every night with him, Making me feel not welcomed in my own home."

"I kn-"

"No you don't know! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL BECAUSE IF YOU DID, YOU WOULDN'T OF RAN AWAY."
You finally snapped at her. You emotions were everywhere, just having break down not too long again didn't help the situation either.

"I hurt you, and I do know that. I pushed you away, blamed all my problems on you, and for what? because..B-because it was easier than to face the truth."

You felt the tears run down your face as you stared at your mother. She was also crying at this point.
"I-I got help, I went and talked to someone, but you wanna know what really opened my eyes?"

"What?" You shrugged.

"The last thing you said to me before I left his house to go with your aunt. You said, that if I wasn't able to smarten up, then I'd lose you too."

"Sure, I did say something like that.."

"It took me a while to think about it, and what you said and..Y/n, I don't wanna lose you to. And with that I am so, so, so sorry."

You wiped the tears away, taking it deep breath.
"You and dad have put me through hell."

"I-"

You held up your hand to stop her form interrupting you.
"I will say this. I'll forgive you, but I will never forget."

"I don't expect you to." She said as she came over to you and engulfed you into a hug. One that was more comforting that Oasmu could ever offer you. An embrace for my our mother was something you haven't felt in almost a year.

"I missed you mom."

"I missed you too Y/n."