Kazue Part: Two

"Suna? What are you doing here?"

He hummed as he let you go and stood beside you.
"I was visiting my grandparents.." He looked to the stone in front of him.
"Is this your bother?"

"My little brother...yeah.."

He nodded his head. "How old was he?"

"He was only a couple years younger than us..he would of been starting high school next year.."

"He left this world pretty young huh?"

You nodded.

"May I ask what happened?"

You smirked. "I thought the twins already told you.."

Suna shook his head. "They only told me that you had a brother who passed away recently.."

You took in a deep breath.

"You don't have to tell me-"

"He had leukaemia."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

You hummed. "He was diagnosed at the age of five..been fighting it for a long time."

"He's in a better place Y/n."

You gave Suna a small smile. "I know."

Suna looked away from you and back to the stone in front of him.
"No flowers?"

"Kazue hated flowers..told me that I was never to bring them to his grave.." You smirked. "He was a particular kid."

"I can't imagine what you're going through.."

You hummed again, looking away from Suna.
"It gets easier..well that's what I keep telling myself at least.."

Suna stared at you, noticing your red puffy eyes, he hung his head low.

"You know my parents are the ones who blamed me for his death?"

He looked to you with a surprised look on his face.

You nodded, swallowing the lump in your throat.
"It was a school day, and Kazue was having a bad day. He hadn't slept the night before and had trouble keeping food down...Now my parents couldn't get the day off from their jobs so they asked me to stay home and be with him..."
You paused.
"I was in the living room when he came to me and said that he was gonna go take a nap. H-he came over to me and gave me the tightest hug he had ever given me..He looked to me and said that he loved me..and thanked me for staying home to be with him..."

Suna stayed silent as you told your story to him.

"It was dinner time and I made him his favourite soup, since I assumed soup was the only thing that he could stomach..I r-re-remember walking into his room and seeing his sleeping figure...he was laying on his side away from the door and it made me smile, because like I said before, he didn't sleep the night before.."

You took in a deep breath.

"I had walked over to his side and shook him, but he didn't stir. Not once, so I assumed that he was in a deep sleep..I shook him more but he was still..that's when I noticed that he was cold to the touch..."

You felt the tears fall down your cheeks, but continued to tell your story.

"I didn't look at him or turned him around because I knew..I knew he was gone...I didn't know it at the time, but when he came to hug me before going for that nap, it was actually him saying his goodbye to me..."

Suna unconsciously grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours.
You had all his attention and patience.

"W-when the paramedics came, they said that he had been gone for two hours...A-at the t-time..he went for his nap four hours ago...They confirmed that he had passed in his sleep." You choked.
"He was all alone..i was just down stairs and he had to go all on his own..But he was like that ya know? Always hiding his pain and hated making people feel sad. He always had a smile on his face, even though he was in so much pain.."

"That reminds me of someone.." Suna said as he squeezed your hand tight.

You smiled. "Everyone always did say that he took after me..."

"I'm so sorry that you had to go through that Y/n.."

You hummed. "The worst part was when my parents were informed, they blamed his death on me, that I should've been there to help him, that I was the one home and I didn't do anything.." You clenched your jaw. "He was just going for a nap dammit! How was that my fault..he was tired..he was tried of the battle..It was is time to go but my parents didn't see it that way, even when the doctors told them what happened..It wasn't my fault but it was easier to blame me then to come to the realization.."

You used your free hand to wipe away your tears.

"They fought everyday since...the constant yelling..even the twins could hear it inside their house...I was nothing to them..Just another person living under the same roof.."

"Y/n..that was never your fault.."

"I know..but there were some day when I thought that it was my fault..That's the thing it's parents though..they imprint you and put things into your head, you're supposed to trust them, but for the past year I have never hated them more..."

Suna remained silent.

"Since my mother coming back from my aunt's, she's been trying to regain my trust and try to make up for the missed time..but I'll never forget what they made me feel..."

"No one would...Y/n, you're so strong."

You smiled."Thank you.." You widened your eyes and wiped away your tears. "Where are my manners." You turned to the grave in front of you. "Kazue this is Suna my frie-"

"Boyfriend. It's nice to finally meet you Kazue."

Your eyes widened again as you stared at Suna with disbelief.
"W-What did you just say?"

Suna turned to you. "I know this isn't the right time, but I wanted to be introduced properly to the boy who you love with all your heart."

You smirked. "You sound cheesy.."

Suna smiled as he squeezed your hand.

It was as if Kazue was listening because a small white butterfly flew past you and landed on top of your brother's tombstone. You looked at the butterfly as it spread its wings and flew over to you, landing right on your nose, before flying away.

You smiled. "Goodbye Kazue.."