irl

DENKI AVERTED HIS EYES, hating the scene in front of him. They had walked in together, again. Sure, he didn't have to worry about them spending their mornings close to one another as soon as the afternoon hit, but it still disturbed him. Part of him felt sickened; how could he feel such a way to his friends? It was disgusting, vile, inhumane

It was traitorous. 

However, the other half of him wanted to throw a riot. He wanted to sock Bakugo right in the jaw, so hard that it would make the boy's teeth clash. Still, he kept his fists at his sides and chose humanity over the deadly envy that riled up within him. They were in between takes, nearing the start of their lunch break. 

Y/n flashed a smile at one of the staff members, her makeup done along with her hair as she nodded curtly to PapaHH who had already started directing her to replicate a certain pose. "It's so weird seeing her act," Sero commented, scrunching his nose. He watched as Y/n looked over her script one last time before handing it to one of the interns.

They exchanged words again, the two too far away to hear anything clear in their conversation. "Yeah, I guess. What did we expect though? She always performed in high school plays, even that stupid rendition of Shrek." Denki shrugged, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

He had already filmed a few of his own scenes and they were relatively minor; in fact, they were minuscule enough to finish up far before lunch break. "How's your family thing?" Denki changed the subject abruptly, tilting his head to the side. Even then, Sero refused to look him in the eyes. The black-haired male took in a breath, "Working on it," That's all he offered.

Denki pursed his lips, not saying anything else. "I think I'm going to go talk to Y/n." He knew that Sero was mildly annoyed at him; what he had said in the group chat was beyond anyone's boundaries and was incredibly uncalled for. However, the ugly jealousy within Kaminari didn't allow him to apologize so easily either.

Instead, he approached the only friend of his that was unaware of his sin.

"Hey, babe," The pet name slipped past his lips as he flashed a grin at the girl. Y/n glanced up, moving a strand of hair behind her ear. She smiled at him, "Why didn't you respond to my texts? I got pretty worried, y'know?" Denki hummed, running his tongue over his lips before answering her. "Sorry for worrying you. I just got caught up with some stuff."

He watched as she attempted to brush the piece of hair back again, huffing in frustration when it didn't move like she wanted to. He laughed softly at the cute action before moving his fingers to fix it for her. Miraculously, it stayed like that and he snapped his fingers at her. "The magic of a Pikachu rip-off," Denki jokingly wiggled his brows at her.

Y/n was about to continue the conversation if it weren't for an enraged blond rushing to the set, already knowing he was late. "Sorry, the fucking makeup artist kept messing up on the shitty eyeshadow." He muttered quietly, fixing part of his outfit. Y/n moved to help him fix it, swiftly getting back into position.

"Get out of the fucking camera angle, dunceface." Bakugo snapped, teeth gritted. His red eyes were filled with annoyance and fury, but from the gnashing of his canines, it was clear the male was holding back from saying anything too insensitive. Denki stepped back, holding his hands up in a surrender position. 

"Alright, alright. Chill out," Even with the typical boyish grin on his face, there was a glint of mischief in his eyes. Bakugo's jaw clenched at the sight, but kept his shit together, facing his co-star. Y/n cheekily winked at him and he found himself calming down at the sight, rolling his eyes before getting into character. 

The scene went on perfectly until the last line, Bakugo's eyes suddenly darting to Kaminari mid-scene. "Bakugo, keep your eyes on your co-star." PapaHH scolded, waving his hand fan around dramatically before reaching up to fix his black glasses. Denki was abruptly pulled back, Kirishima gripping his elbow.

"Dude, let me go."

"What you're doing isn't right and you know it, Denks." The redhead reprimanded, a disappointed look in his eyes as he dragged his blond friend back. With the absence of Kaminari, the scene was wrapped up even quicker and Y/n cheered, already hating the feeling of the makeup practically embedding itself into her skin.

"Take a break, drink some water, you all have five minutes." PapaHH dismissed the staff as they dispersed to grab snacks and water bottles. Y/n fixed her fringe of hair, hating how it poked out again. After watching her struggle for a few seconds, Bakugo started snickering, holding onto a water bottle as he studied her stupidity.

"Are you trying to knock some sense into your own numb skull?"

"Shut up, you rat," Y/n grumbled, this close to smacking her forehead in an attempt to push the strand back. Bakugo glanced at her once before swiping his fingers against the fringe, pushing it back. "I was tired of seeing you struggle, you pathetic little shit." Y/n blinked at him, both flustered and angry. 

She suddenly launched herself at him only for him to retaliate and shout while attempting to pull her off. Kirishima finally let go of Denki, placing him next to Sero again only to cross his arms, glancing back and forth between his blond friend and the other angry blond across the room. 

Denki chewed on his bottom lip, looking down at the ground. He didn't need to ask to know that his friends were already more bothered by him than usual. "You need to calm down, Denks. You can't let your emotions ruin you like that," Kirishima quietly said while Sero nodded along, silently agreeing.

"Then why isn't he affected?" Kaminari's eyes narrowed, watching as Bakugo's hands inched closer and closer to Y/n. Sero finally spoke up, tilting his head as he faced his friend. "Because, unlike you," His onyx eyes grew studious and cold for a second. "Bakugo can at least keep it professional." He jabbed his thumb backward, the scene before him explaining his point.

The blond, although annoyed, hadn't spared a glance to Denki ever since he was pulled away. After wrenching her figure off of him, the cameras started rolling again and he quickly settled into his position, any remnants of his annoyance and slight tolerance towards her instantly dissipating from his face.

Denki swallowed harshly, feeling his throat close off as he backed away.

Sero glanced at Kirishima, poking his tongue into the inside of his cheek. "Do you think we went too far?"

The redhead knew better, flexing his muscles as he tensed. "No, he had to get some sense knocked into him at some point."

Still, a bit of guilt gnawed at him and Hanta looked over his shoulder, his heart softening the slightest bit as Denki walked away.

"Right. . . "

peace was never an option.