irl

"ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?"

Y/n blinked wildly, fixing the tote bag that she always carried to work that held her most personal items: a water bottle, a notebook, her phone, and of course, her mini album full of pictures of her cat. "I fucked Denki, does that count?" She cheekily responded, looking off to her left and into the black car that had smoothly pulled up beside her.

Bakugo glared at her with a scowl, red eyes narrowed angrily. "Just get in the damn car," Y/n rose an eyebrow, fully pausing to turn her body towards the passenger door. Resting her hands on her hips sassily (something she learned from Zada), she smirked. "Oh? But I thought you told me yesterday that I 'could fucking walk to set'."

Y/n quoted him perfectly, making him roll his eyes. "Plus, you didn't respond to my apologies." Getting more annoyed by the second, Bakugo chewed on his bottom lip before muttering something under his breath. Hell, Y/n barely caught it in the first place. "What?" The h/c haired female gave him an incredulous look, pressing him to repeat what he said.

"Missy took my fucking phone," As if to prove his point, the blond pulled out his phone. Everything seemed intact, but if you looked closely at the case, you could see some scratch marks. However, if you peered even more closely, you would see that they resembled bite marks. "She only bit the case a bit though." He flipped his phone, showing the flawless screen.

Y/n suddenly perked, realizing she could keep the situation in her advantage rather than caving into him. "So, you're saying that if your dog didn't take your phone, you would have texted me back and told me you'd pick me up?" Bakugo's eyebrow twitched as he pressed against the gas pedal.

"Forget it, I'm leaving."

"No, no, no, no! I'll get in the car!"

Just as she finished that sentence, she flung the car door open and tossed herself inside, closing it behind her just as quickly. The girl let out a sigh of relief, watching as Bakugo slowly backed up before moving onto the road. "Where's my—" "—you're sitting on it." He swiftly cut her off, keeping his eyes on the road.

Y/n shifted, lifting herself briefly to bring out her script from underneath her. "Aw, you care about me." She said, fluttering her lashes at him and leaning closer to him. Bakugo turned his head for a brief second to look at her, suddenly growing flustered at the lack of space between them. His face grew warm and he whipped his head forward again.

"I don't. You're just a fucking prick and I won't finish this show ASAP if your dumbass keeps losing the script."

She pouted, "I only lost it once."

"In my car, yeah. You really expect me to fucking believe you only lost it once with that shitty brain of yours?" Bakugo scoffed, seemingly back to normal as his eyes narrowed at a few reckless drivers on the road. However, he continued to drive on smoothly. Hell, Y/n was surprised he didn't display any road rage.

That was a pointless thought when Bakugo swiftly rolled his window down just to flip someone on the road as they changed lanes. Y/n's jaw dropped, watching him. "I can't do that when Shitty Hair's around, so it's great that you're in the passenger seat." His usual prominent scowl had turned into a small smirk instead.

"Are you saying you're grateful I'm here and not Kirishima?"

"Absolutely not. I'm just saying that it'd be easier to crash the car and kill you than it would be Kirishima?"

"HUH?! WHY—"

"—because Shitty Hair wears his fucking seat belt, dumbass."

Y/n blinked wildly, looking down to see that she hadn't buckled herself in the car. "Oh," She cheekily said, poking the inside of her cheek with her tongue. He merely 'tch'ed, ignoring her commentary as he continued down the road. The car slowly came to a stop in front of a red light as he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

He suddenly spoke up, "Why couldn't you take a damn Uber?" Y/n snapped out of her daydreaming, slowly closing her script as she glanced over at the male with a raised brow. "What do you mean by that?" He seemed to get annoyed by her retort, eyes narrowing dangerously. It even looked like his hair stuck up like a porcupine's.

"You could take a damn Uber and save us both the effort, but you won't. Why not?" She stared at him in the eyes, fiddling with her fingers nervously at the question. It's not like the question bothered her, but the intensity of his gaze definitely felt intimidating. "Reddit," The girl answered in a quiet voice.

He fell silent, the car pivoting forward as the light flashed a bright green. His shoulders started shaking, small chuckles leaving his lips. "Because of some shit said online, you won't buy a shitty ride? Is it because of the bad rep or your own fucking fear?" Bakugo's words dug into her skin and she recoiled, shrugging lamely.

Y/n honestly had no idea why; she had always felt icky at the thought. He took one glance at her, realizing that she hadn't reacted like that until he said something. Eyes turned to the road, his fingers clenched the steering wheel tighter as he realized one thing in particular; she doesn't know. That partially satisfied him, a weight lifted off his shoulders at the realization.

"Whatever it is, you could just buy some fucking pepper spray or some shit."

Her head whipped up at his suggestion. He could feel her eyes bore into the side of his head, "Stop fucking look at me like that, you dweeb. Didn't that ever occur to you? I guess not since you're such a dumbass." Y/n was hardly bothered by his words, coming to a realization of her own as her eyes flitted back and forth between the window, her seat belt, and him.

No matter how much he insults or seems vulgar and feral. . . She thought, chewing on her bottom lip to prevent her from breaking into a huge grin. He really does care.