irl

"KAMINARI, STOP," The boy shrunk in his seat, his arm slowly retreating back to his torso as he stared longingly at the sippy cup filled with apple juice that was set across from him. Y/n looked at him curiously while Sero snickered, muffling his laughter with his hand. Ojiro sighed at them, slowly sitting down before bringing out some manila folders.

Y/n's eyes sparkled and she slammed her hands on the wooden table, "Oh, folders! So professional," She chimed, seeming more excited about the actual folders than the information. Mashirao glanced at his friend and client, seeming tired. "Why did I agree to be your friend again?" 

She grinned excitedly, "Because Buttered Noodles is god!"

He rolled his eyes with a shake of his head, bringing out some papers from the folders. "Right, right," He said softly before passing the papers to Denki and Y/n, leaving Sero empty-handed. However, he wasn't bothered at all, peeking over Denki's shoulder to read the little text. "The font is so. . . ugly." Kaminari commented, glaring at the paper.

Y/n nodded in agreement as Ojiro raked his hair back, gazing at the two. "It's not about the font. Did you two even read the title?" Their eyes darted up to the bold text at the very top, their jaws dropping. Even Sero seemed shocked, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his chair, raising an eyebrow at Ojiro.

"They're getting their scripts this early?"

"PapaHH works fast," He shrugged, seeming to have no other explanation.

Sero just nodded, skimming the scripts once more. Y/n scrunched her nose, flipping through one of the papers that listed all of the cast. Her cheeks pinked suddenly, "Oh my God, I'm playing Takahashi Yua and it says I'm married to Ryu—" Denki's eyes flitted to her, jaw falling slack. Sure, he knew his best friend landed a role, but the specificity of her role had flown over his head.

Hanta blinked, "Isn't Ryu Bakugo's character?"

The room fell silent for a moment and Ojiro already felt like he needed a nap. Sometimes he was so excited to get it over with that he forgot how tiring it was to work with a bunch of idiots. Y/n suddenly screamed, knocking her chair back. "OH MY GOD, I'M MARRIED TO BAKUGO!" Sero interrupted her, "Technically, your character is—"

"—sHUT UP! WHAT IF I GET BAKUGO'S DICK THROUGH THIS?!"

Silence.

Ojiro looked at her, an expression of disappointment shaping his face. "Don't tell me you just asked to audition so you could have a one-night stand with one of the most talented actors in all of Japan." Her expression turned into a confused one before turning into a frustrated one as she jabbed her finger towards her manager's face.

"Listen to me, mister, you're using too many big words and my small brain can't understand it; so, HA!"

Sero dropped his head, his forehead hitting the table. "Those were hardly difficult words, Y/n." She bit her bottom lip, retreating back to her seat. Ojiro stared at her, still waiting for an answer as the tapping of his foot resounded in the small office. "Okay, it wasn't part of the plan initially," The female said, sitting up properly as he sighed.

Ojiro brushed back his blond hair again, "Y/n, you're twenty-three. You can't fool around like this forever, y'know? Besides, when did this plan 'change'?" She grumbled, setting her cheek on the palm of her hand as her elbow shifted onto the table's surface. "When Denki couldn't last more than six seconds,"

The boy beside her turned red, shrinking into his seat as he avoided any and all eye contact with Ojiro Mashirao. "Do what you want, but don't let it interfere with work. I could face trouble if that happened and so could you. Be careful with the media too," He reminded, suddenly standing up and picking up the rest of the files before heading to the door.

"Also," Ojiro's cheeks were pink with embarrassment as he massaged his temple. "Please never inform me about your sexual experiences again." He walked out of the door quickly. Even though he and Y/n had been friends since her freshman year of college, hardly anything had changed; especially how much she overshared.

She slumped in her seat, flipping through the other pages. The script seemed fairly easy. Although Y/n was a dumbass and had little to no brain cells, she managed to always memorize her lines pretty well. Denki scrunched his nose, staring at one page in particular. "Mashi didn't tell us this," He commented, reading it carefully. 

She tilted her head back, placing her head on his shoulder before turning her face to stare at the same page that he was gazing at. On it, was some dates, times, and little notes about what would go on that day. "So, we have four table reads and two rehearsals before we shoot the episode?" Y/n said, sitting up again to look for the same page in her book.

Sero blinked, suddenly wrenching the packet of papers out of Denki's hands. "For each episode? Doesn't that sound extensive?" Y/n shrugged, flipping through the papers as her brows furrowed. She chewed on her lip contemplatively and sighed, suddenly scooting her chair back to slip out of its grasp.

"I'm going to go back to my apartment. I need to pray to Butters," She said, walking out the door and disappearing down the hallway. Hanta leaned back in his chair more, shaking his head. Ever since Y/n had gotten into acting, it'd been a ritual of hers. She liked to believe her cat had special powers when it came to furthering her career when in reality, it was her own expertise.

"How long has she been doing that for?" He questioned.

Denki slumped in his chair, counting his fingers. The trio had known each other since middle school, so it was a lot of counting to do. "Thirteen years, I think. I don't remember if she did that for her college exams or not," He commented, shaking his head with a small laugh. Sero glanced at him, "I mean, we wouldn't know anyway; we didn't go to college together."

Kaminari's voice grew quiet as he sighed, eyes scanning another page full of scripted words. "Yeah. . . "