irl

"HEY," Y/n bit her bottom lip, chewing on it contemplatively. There was a sharp intake of air from the other line before Denki's voice softly replied back, greeting her. She messed with the cord of her table lamp, kicking her feet as she sat on the edge of her bed. "Are you okay?" He hummed quietly. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"I'm sorry about the others."

"Don't apologize on their behalf."

"You sure you're okay?"

Kaminari let out a low groan, dragging his hand down his face as he blinked sleepily. His eyes burned with exhaustion from staring at a screen for so long, glancing back at the monitor that lit up with an old high school photo of him, Sero, and Y/n. A small smile shaped his lips and he huffed, "Yeah, just tired. How's Butters?"

"We seriously pissed you off and you're worried about my cat?" She said. It sounded almost scolding but Denki knew that she'd love nothing more than to reel on and on about her cat. He chuckled, "Sounds stupid, right?" There was a slight rustling on her end of the line as she moved to properly sit on her bed, Butters meowing beside her.

Y/n corrected, biting back a smile as her cat purred, brushing against her hand. "No, it sounds like Denki," The said boy laughed again, pushing a few buttons as his monitor whirred, shutting off. His glowing headset died down too, clamping around its little stand as he set it aside on his desk. "I guess. Anyway, the cat?"

She continued, "Well, he's doing fine. Doesn't do much other than eat and meow at the TV. I can't watch my f/s without him meowing at the main character." Kaminari's brow raised at that and he snorted, "Who knows? Maybe he thinks that character is packing that 'shmeat'." Y/n smiled, "Are you hating them less now?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Keep talking, babe," He replied, clicking his tongue smoothly. Y/n continued her ramble about Butters until she ran out of words to say, bringing up questions for him to answer instead. "How long were you streaming for anyways?" She questioned, hearing him as he shuffled to pick up the empty chip bags and soda bottles.

"It's midnight, isn't it? So maybe six hours, I think? I don't know. I don't really keep track of it anymore," He shrugged, tossing the discarded waste into the trash before fixing up his bed. He usually didn't like cleaning, but he wanted to keep himself busy so that he wouldn't be alone with his thoughts.

Y/n didn't bother scolding him for his streaming time. He usually went above six hours; he once spent an entire day just streaming and it was absolute Hell for any of his friends to message him since he didn't warn them beforehand. Once Denki starts streaming, he rarely checks his phone. "Did you look at any of your lines?"

Denki yawned, dropping onto his bed as he put his arm over his forehead. "Not really. I'm hoping that the table read tomorrow helps me remember enough before I actually start reading it, y'know?" He remarked, knocking down a few of his pillows before getting the giant Pikachu body pillow that Sero and Y/n had gotten him for his birthday.

She hummed, nodding in agreement. "Same, kinda. I spent the entire day relaxing and studying my character. The lines just messed me up because I put my mind too much on memorizing rather than getting into character." Denki had barely landed any acting roles and when he had, they were incredibly minor, so he hardly understood what she was saying.

"Why did you audition anyway?" His best friend innocently asked.

Denki chewed on the inside of his cheek, biting his tongue afterward. "Oh, I don't know. Ojiro told me it was a good idea. He said that the role was good for me," He mumbled, shrugging for the second time. Liar. His mind taunted, making him scrunch his brows in frustration. "Makes sense," She shrugged before pausing suddenly.

The girl screamed. "OH MY GOD WHAT IS IN YOUR MOUTH, BUTTERS GET BACK HERE!" Denki winced, hearing a loud sound. Her voice faded in the background and he guessed that she had probably dropped her phone in the process of running after her cat. Knowing that she probably wouldn't return to her phone for hours, Denki ended the call himself.

He huffed, grabbing the last of his trash and tossing it in before heading outside of his bedroom, eyes flitting to Sero. The black-haired boy was innocently cooking some ramen, turning just in time to glance back at his best friend. "Feeling better?" Sero raised a brow, watching as Denki moved a magazine off the floor, sliding it onto the coffee table.

"Yeah," He nodded, chewing on his bottom lip. "Why'd you stay?"

Sero shrugged, "You're angry and you tend to be reckless when you're angry. That and the others told me to keep an eye on you." He replied nonchalantly, using a spoon to pick at the slowly softening pack of ramen noodles in the pot. Denki sighed, knowing that he owed Jera, if not the entire group chat, an apology text.

"They aren't too worried are they?"

He shook his head. "No. They're just sorry, for the most part. I should be apologizing too anyway. That six second thing was out of pocket," The two stared at each other for a bit and Denki could tell that he was genuinely sorry, a small smile curling his lips upward. "It's fine, Hanta."

The blond picked up his phone, shooting a quick apology text to the group chat. It was a bit before he recieved a reply from any of them, everyone telling him that it was okay and that they were sorry too. Growing hungry, he tossed his phone onto the couch carelessly as Sero snatched two cold cans of soda from the fridge.

Setting them on the table, he beckoned Denki over before bringing two steaming bowls of hot spicy ramen. Denki smiled, about to dig in before a hand stopped him. Literally. Sero had his hand pressed against Kaminari's forehead, not letting him look anywhere else but back at him. "Before we eat, we have to talk,"

Kami's brows knitted together. "About what? C'mon, Hanta, I'm starving!"

"First," He slowly removed his hand, sliding into the seat across from Denki. "What was up with the strings you pulled during the meeting?"

Denki's heart dropped, face paling as he stared back at his best friend. Shit.