irl

"LATE NIGHT DRIVE?" Jiro questioned, a bottle in her hand as she slid the car door shut. Her feet planted onto the front, skater skirt scraping against the seat as she turned to look at her partner in crime. Drive by Stray Kids boomed in the vehicle as Denki offered her a grin in return, "Why? Does that sound weird?" He asked, waiting until the door shut to lock the car again. 

His eyes flicked towards the lane, his car's left light blinking briefly before he moved in between two other vehicles. "Not really. Just sounds. . . unlike you," Jiro commented, twisting off the cap of her drink before taking a swig of it. The flavor burst into her mouth and she sighed, satisfied. The blond shrugged. 

"Sero told me I've been reckless for the past few weeks."

"Huh," Jiro said, glancing at the bottle. However, it was hard to even see the liquid due to the combination of the dark night sky and the blinding lights just a few feet ahead. "Mina's been telling me the same thing." She sipped from the bottle again. Although it fixed her sweet cravings, it definitely didn't give her the buzz she wanted.

The girl passed it onto her friend, not even caring. "Want a sip?" As if perfectly timed, Denki's car came to a rolling stop in front of a red light. The beaded bracelet on his right hand clacked against the steering wheel as he pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth. "Are you trying to get me to kill the both of us?"

Jiro snickered before shaking her head. "It's fruity soda, not alcohol. We can pick up some on the way back though. We'll have to head to your place to drink; Mina's at home." She muttered, her tone growing softer at the end. Denki's brows furrowed and he took the drink, taking a quick sip before sliding it into the cup holder.

The car revved again, the engine purring as the light turned green. "Is that why you agreed so quick? You're usually not one to go out that much either." His nose scrunched at the sight of a swerving driver, internally cursing them out for cutting so many lanes. Jiro glanced at the blurs beyond the window and then back at the rattling bottle.

"Guess so. Being at my place with Mina is weird now,"

He didn't miss a beat. "How so?"

"She says I act all distant and I don't talk to her about things anymore. A weird Ghost in the Shell phenomenon as she calls it." Jiro rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed by her roommate. Her fingers reached to grab the drink beside her before she tilted it up into her mouth. We're definitely getting alcohol. Denki cast a glance at her, switching lanes.

"Is that true?"

Almost defeated, Jiro let out a sigh. It was a bitter one that Denki had never heard her let out before; the closest tone to that was when she was cramming for the finals. "I don't know, I guess? I have a lot on my mind, but it's not like it's easy to talk about either." She didn't need to elaborate for him to understand.

He knew.

"Why so many turns now?" She questioned all of a sudden, watching him take a right for the second time. Denki ran his tongue over his lips, "I'm pretty sure there's a liquor store nearby; I don't do these drives often, but I think there was one around here." His eyes darted around the windows, brows furrowed in a studious manner.

Jiro nodded, searching along with him. Within five minutes, they found one and Denki didn't hesitate to pull up, both of them slamming their car doors shut afterward. "I already know what I'm buying, you?" The purple-haired girl muttered to herself, pulling out a wad of cash as she sifted through the bills with the help of the streetlights. 

"Probably some black cherry vodka," He said it so casually that it stunned Jiro, her eyes meeting his within seconds. He tilted his head, towering over her by a few inches as he blinked at her facial expression. Innocent. His gaze was innocent and she could finally tell what Sero meant by Denki 'becoming reckless'.

However, she wasn't going to comment on that. She'd be a hypocrite in that standard and she knew it. "What?" Kaminari finally spoke, hands shoved into the pockets of his chain-covered black jeans. The metal rattled when he shuffled in them for cash, head still tilted at her. "Nothing, just didn't expect you to get something so. . . strong."

He nodded. He knew what she wanted to say, but he wouldn't let the accusation roll off his tongue so smoothly. Not when most of the words he's said and texted for the past few weeks felt foreign and strange. They found their drinks (along with an odd bottle opener)and quickly paid for them before shuffling back to the car.

Denki looked over his shoulder, reversing smoothly before turning out of the parking lot and back onto the road. "My place, right?" He said. He knew, but he wanted to make sure. Jiro nodded, not hesitating whatsoever as the roads slowly became more and more familiar as time passed.

Taking advantage of the fact that she wasn't driving, Jiro twisted open her own bottle before sipping it. Now that was the buzz she craved. A small smile shaped her lips and she quickly took three more sips, her figure waiting for the haze to come. "Listen, Denks, I have a question," Jiro muttered abruptly.

They were just five minutes away from his place when he diverted his attention from the road to her and then back to the road. "What's up?" Jiro glanced at her phone that had somehow slid out of her lap. The haze ate away at her, her face growing warm slowly as a numb feeling invaded her head. Since when did that get there? Her brows furrowed at the device.

"If you had to risk it all for someone you love, would you do it?"

He blinked, chewing on his bottom lip. "What do you mean?"

"Your career, your money, your reputation. . . all of it."

Denki's grip tightened on the steering wheel. "All of it?"

"All of it; everything you've worked so hard for."

"To Hell with that," His response made her shoot up so fast her head became even dizzier at the sudden rush. However, he was too caught up in the sudden adrenaline and frustration that filled his veins. "I don't care for my career, my money, or my reputation. I don't want that to define me after I die. That's dumb. I don't want to be on a fucking magazine page."

A dry laugh left his mouth at the last sentence, his fingers tightening against the steering wheel even more as his knuckles turned a faint white. "If I had to risk it all for her, I would in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter if she knows or not, but she's saved me countless times for me to not give up everything at least once for her."

Jiro didn't catch him on his use of pronouns and claim it was a slip-up because deep down, they both knew it wasn't. He knew she knew. And she knew he knew that she knew. Denki's lips slowly shaped a smile, shoulders slumping as he sighed. A dumb grin settled upon his lips and the boy felt a weight lift off of him.

Because, for once, his words didn't sound so foreign anymore.

시동 걸어 놓고 오늘 밤도 drive

am i scaring u all with the plotline? haha