irl

THE FIRST REHEARSAL WAS disastrous. Y/n and Bakugo kept throwing glares at each other behind the scenes and a few interns somehow managed to stain a couch with coffee, break a camera, and send one of the assistants to the hospital all in one day. Luckily, the production assistant was fine, but she quit.

"I just can't stand him," Y/n said through gritted teeth, talking to Zada. Zada was Y/n's assistant on set, much like how Sero was Denki's. Most of the actors just counted on their best friend to be their assistant; it was too pitiful to hire someone to handle your biggest problems. "Because he insulted your cat?" She questioned, eating a chip.

Y/n sipped her soda, leaning against the empty cart meant for supplies. They were on their lunch break but were too lazy to find anywhere else to sit. "Exactly," She hissed, glaring at Bakugo from afar. The blond seemed to return the look, scowling bitterly as Kirishima watched them interact, eating a chicken nugget.

"Y'know, you two could get along just fine if you were both. . . not hostile."

He seemed to search for the right words, cringing afterward as he watched Y/n show an even more aggressive expression toward Bakugo. "Like I'd be 'not hostile' with that bitch. Maybe if her cat wasn't so damn UGLY, then I'd give it some thought." He replied, making sure that 'ugly' was said extra loudly.

A shriek came from the h/c haired female. "OH, I'LL SHOW YOU UGLY!" Kirishima made eye contact with Zada, expecting her to pull back her friend. However, the light-skinned girl simply fixed her ponytail before rolling up her sleeves, tensing her muscles. Kiri shuddered. For a bodybuilder, he was terrified of someone nearly half a foot shorter than him.

The innocent redhead watched as Y/n stormed over to Bakugo, flames of anger evident in her eyes. "Hey, maybe we could all calm—" Zada shook her head, clamping her hand over his mouth and pulling him away. The two watched them from afar, Zada sighing. "He insulted Butters, that in itself is a war crime."

Kiri chewed on his bottom lip, raising a brow. "I know but I don't want them to fight," He said quietly, seeming to learn his place when he was around someone like Zada. She shrugged, bringing out what used to be Y/n's soda, casually sipping on it. "Well, too late for that." The curly-haired girl watched on.

By now, Y/n was right in Bakugo's face and was occasionally sent back when Bakugo would yawn, smirk, or lightly push her head back and make fun of her height. He'd also tell her to shut up or 'take a swan dive', but none of it fazed her. "This is weird," Kirishima mumbled, his eyes darting to his best friend.

"How so?" Zada randomly brought out a baguette.

The redhead hummed, trying to understand it himself in his mind. He blinked, eyes flitting back and forth between the arguing pair before he snapped his fingers. "He seems happy," The female beside him took one look at Bakugo, deadpanning. "He seems happy to you?" She stared at Bakugo's expression, his eyes narrowed into a harsh glare as he spat back at Y/n.

Kiri grinned awkwardly, "He looks like a jackass, but I promise he's happy. He seems entertained; he usually isn't like that. He tells people to 'move out of his way' and then goes on with his day." He remarked, elaborating on his theory. Zada munched on the baguette before nodding. "Y/n is an entertaining individual. Like a clown,"

Kirishima blurted, staring as the female poked her finger at Bakugo's chest. "A circus."

Zada nodded in agreement.

The argument ensued for another five minutes until PapaHH broke it up, threatening to burn their contracts in front of them unless they got onto the set on time. Soon enough, everyone was back on set and getting in their positions, Y/n sighing as she adjusted her tank top. "You look fucking ugly," Bakugo walked past her, his red eyes darting to her.

Y/n glared back, "Thanks, I've been practicing for the role of a mirror recently." He huffed, getting to his spot quickly as the spotlights flicked on. PapaHH waved his hand, loudly yelling "action" as the camera reeled on. Y/n took a deep breath before exhaling, bringing herself into the role of Takahashi Yua.

The entire show was about a married couple with a failing relationship. However, their luck turned when the husband brought in a stray dog he found, leading to the two falling for each other all over again while keeping up with the miscellaneous tasks of their new family member. When Y/n first auditioned, she didn't know the whole storyline. 

She just thought it'd be fun to do another job other than being a YouTuber, especially since she planned to move into another apartment soon to accommodate having Zada as a roommate. Now, she was going to be on a big screen with thousands of eyes ogling her. It was pretty nerve-wracking. 

Y/n gritted her teeth, or rather Yua did. She clenched the fake counter in front of her, rasping out her line. "We're not going to make it. The bills will pile up and we'll have nothing left," She said, turning her head slightly to avoid any and all contact with her 'husband'. Bakugo flicked through the papers on the table, biting his bottom lip.

"It doesn't matter. We were fine before and we'll be fine now."

Y/n whipped her head around, angry tears spilling out of her eyes. It was both a gift of depression and a talent for her to be able to cry on command. "Fine?! We'll be in debt before we know it! You already got laid off of your job and I already sold my mother's jewelry for the last bills. We were barely scraping the bottom of the bucket, what makes you think we'll be okay?!"

She screamed her last line out, making some of the people on set flinch as they watched carefully. "That wasn't part of the script," Kirishima commented, flipping some pages of the packet of papers in his hands. He seemed more confused than critical, blinking at the actress. Zada smiled lightly. 

"Y/n doesn't really act when she's in a role. She just feels," She explained briefly.

The redhead gave her an odd look before nodding, acting like he understood. Zada grinned, watching her best friend continue on with the scene perfectly as Bakugo played along. Taking out her baguette again, she chewed on it quietly.

Yeah. Her best friend would be fine.