irl

JIRO DRUMMED HER FINGERS on the table anxiously, sucking in a breath as her phone rang with the calling tone. For five minutes, she'd been holding her phone up against her ear, waiting for Denki to respond. Albeit, it was the evening so he was probably napping. However, Jiro didn't want to waste any time.

Her thoughts were scarily loud as she chewed on her bottom lip, the ringing pounding in her head noisily. She couldn't remember the last time she slept or the last time she ate considering that she threw up out of sheer anxiety earlier and Mina almost shoved a banana down her throat for "health reasons"; to which she had to push Mina away and lock herself in her room.

Mina bothered her for the next two hours before eventually giving up, but she'd occasionally slide a pack of fruit snacks underneath the door in hopes that Jiro would eat it. She didn't. Jiro paced some more, her nervousness growing. The phone finally stopped ringing, a gasp leaving her lips as Denki answered the call groggily.

"If this is the dude that works at Chipotle and gives me coupons, just text me the code—"

"—no, it's Kyoka."

Denki quickly shut up, eyes widening. He sat up, rubbing his eyes with his free hand as he blinked sleepily at the setting sun that barely seeped through his curtains. "Oh! Hey, Kyoka. What's up?" He attempted to sound more awake, but it was fruitless. She knew Denki fairly well and it was always easy for her to read people. "No need to lie. I know I woke you up."

Kaminari sighed.

"For someone that's an actor, you're terrible at lying." Jiro quipped as he let out a short "hey!", a childish whine slipping past his lips as she giggled in response. Fingers still drumming against the table, Jiro sighed. "Remember that favor you owed me? From when I helped you write that song?"

Denki blinked for a second, his eyes becoming downcast as he realized what she was talking about. How could he forget? It wasn't the sweetest of memories to remember how your crush of many years rejected you. "Oh, yeah. What about it?" By now, he could hear her furious tapping against the table.

"I want to cash in that favor now."

His brows furrowed as he slowly got out of bed, "Jiro, did you take your anxiety meds?"

"I will, I will later," She dismissed, waving her hand in the air despite the fact that he couldn't see her. He blinked, "I'm not going to help you until you take your meds." Jiro gritted her teeth, knowing that he was sticking to his word and wouldn't do what she wanted unless she did what he wanted.

She rattled the pill bottle, setting the phone down so he could hear loud and clear as she popped the cap, took the dose, and swallowed it down with water. "There," Jiro said, already wanting to get straight to the point. Jiro wasn't the most patient of people, especially when her anxiety was through the roof.

"And did you eat something?"

Reluctantly, once again, she snatched a packet of fruit snacks off the floor, ripped it open, and chewed on the gummies. "I am now, can you please hear me out?" Denki didn't say anything for a bit before sighing, agreeing to listen to her. She took in a breath, "I want you to go on stage with me." She could practically hear Denki's breath hitch.

It was to no surprise that the first thing out of his mouth was a curse word.

"You want me to fucking what?!" He screamed.

"I want you to perform this song with me. Mina and I already recorded the instrumental, I just need you to look at the lyrics and figure out the tune using the sheet music." She quickly explained, already feeling bad. Denki sputtered for an excuse, his brows raised. "But why? I don't even know music like that—"