irl

"YOU'RE BEING IRRATIONAL," Zada said, raising a brow as she crossed her arms, watching as her best friend paced back and forth in the bedroom. Y/n lived in a decently sized apartment, one that she used to share with Zada. In fact, she'd reeled in most of the girls as roommates before they ended up moving in with each other or finding other places.

Ami and Cin lived together and Jera lived alone, claiming that all men were rats and that she'd rather eat expensive grapes while looking at pictures of the beach alone. Ami and Cin just seemed to have a perfect balance between chaotic and sweet. One was more rational than the other but they worked just fine.

Zada, on the other hand, had recently moved in with her boyfriend so some of her stuff still lingered in the apartment and that officially brings us to now. Y/n huffed, "I'm not being irrational." Ami kicked her legs back and forth as she sat on the edge of Y/n's bed, Cin tapping away on her phone beside her, cross-legged.

Ami smiled slightly, "I'm sure you're just overthinking it. You'll do fine." There was just an hour until the table read and Y/n had panicked and texted Zada for support. After realizing this was much more than a simple 'kill someone' mission, she ended up texting the other girls to come over too.

This is hopeless. Zada watched, both amused and concerned.

Well, Jera and Cin just seemed to invite themselves in whenever; usually for ingredients or because they missed Y/n's annoying ass. "Okay, but this time it's Bakugo fucking Katsuki. That's like a totally different plane of existence!" The h/c haired girl threw her hands up in the air, continuing to pace.

Cin didn't look up from her phone, probably texting or tweeting something. "He doesn't have much of a presence to begin with. You'll be fine, Y/n." She was probably the umpteenth person to say this. Y/n chewed on her lip, brows knitted together. "Of course you'd say that you don't even like him!"

Ami rolled her eyes, "Okay, putting Cin's dislike for Bakuhoe Thotsuki aside, you're a brilliant and talented actress. You're going to do great in your role, as you always do." She reassured, grabbing Y/n's hands before lightly squeezing them. Y/n smiled back, seeming satisfied, "Aw thanks, Ami. I—"

"—BUTTERS!" The girl shrieked.

Her arms lunged towards the orange Maine Coon that yowled, running out of the bedroom. Ami chased after him and Y/n frowned her mood dampening. "Yup, I'm going to fail," Zada rolled her eyes, punching the girl's shoulder lightly. "Shut up and get a move on. I'm sure Ojiro and Denki are waiting for you." She said, raising a brow.

Y/n cursed, having completely forgotten about them. She laced up her sneakers and grabbed a jacket, pulling it over her arms as she rushed out of the bedroom. Cin sighed, waving a manila folder in the air as she called her friend back, now only using one hand to slowly type out her next Bakugo-hate tweet of the day.

"Hey, idiot. Get your script," Y/n darted back, snatching it before running out.

The door slammed shut as footsteps traipsed in the hallway, Jera coming up to the doorway of the bedroom as she ate a grape, one hand holding a bowl full of them. "What'd I miss?" She asked obliviously as Zada blinked at her, facepalming. An hour had passed since that pep talk and Y/n had wanted nothing more but to get out.

She would constantly make awkward eye contact with Bakugo, only occasionally flipping pages to say her lines. She did her best to keep her eyes glued on the script, but it was more difficult than she thought to not look at him. Sometimes Denki would catch her stare and give her a hard nudge on the knee, his eyes flitting to her script again.

At one point, Y/n had even fumbled her own line and said his, making him glare and scowl at her bitterly. "Remember, you two are married. We need to have a sort of appreciation and love around you two or I will terminate your contracts now." PapaHH said, sounding cheery at first before his voice turned into a deadpan tone as he clapped his hands encouragingly.

Katsuki had just huffed, looking away.

Surprisingly, he showed a lot more emotions when acting than he did being himself. It was weird and almost entrancing to see him talk about domestic life so lovingly before going back to grumbling to himself. It was like watching a fairy become a gremlin back and forth. A hard game of Uno with just Uno reverses. Y/n shuddered at the thought.

"I just don't know how much more of this I can take," Y/n said, sounding upset as she read the lines. She knew her portrayal of emotions in that moment was half-assed, but she knew she'd get better as she continued to read the lines. However, Denki didn't know any better, thinking that his friend was going to burst into tears for a second there.

"Good work, good work," PapaHH applauded, smiling warmly.

The meeting was quickly dismissed afterward, PapaHH arrogantly claiming that he had other duties to attend to (not that anyone testified otherwise). Y/n grabbed her script, ready to hurry out as she speed-walked to the door, using Butters as motivation in her head. Sero was waiting outside of the office, knowing that he wasn't allowed in; he was just there for support.

Bakugo watched the perky h/c haired female attempt to get away, wanting to talk to her about how ugly her cat was compared to his cute dog Missy. He scowled, matching her pace as he followed after her. Sero blinked, standing up as he glanced at Bakugo's unrelenting glare and Denki's quick-paced steps.

He managed to make it to the blond's side, about to say something, but quickly shutting up once Denki went forward, starting a conversation with Y/n. Bakugo stopped, scowling more as he scrunched his script in his hand. He already dealt with Denki's hyperactive shit in the past and in the group chat, so he wasn't about to hold up for anymore.

He bitterly turned away on his heel, stalking down the hallway in the opposite direction that the three were headed in. Sero watched as Denki slowed down, letting his black haired friend catch up to him. "Dude, you do know that you just ruined Bakugo's attempt at talking to Y/n?" Sero asked, raising a brow as Denki sucked in a breath.

"Yeah, that wasn't on accident."

this book has been blowing up way faster than i thought it would so i just want to give a quick thank u to everyone reading! i usually don't leave little notes, but i rlly wanted to thank u all 🥺👉👈